Recording Weather?

Archive of NZ Weather & Climate
Forum rules
These topics are a read-only archive and may be subject to out-of-date information.

For today's weather discussion head to: New Zealand Weather & Climate
thgreywizard
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Recording Weather?

Unread post by thgreywizard »

I've recently acquired a weather station, rain gauge, and minimum-maximum thermometer from course and want to make the most of the information i record. The problem I have is the station isn't one that can be hooked to the computer and although I'd love one that does I can't afford it right now. I would like to be able to view any information I get on graphs to compare monthly temps, humidity, etc. I thought there maybe a spreadsheet program that I could do this with but I'm having trouble setting up a spreadsheet to do what i want. So my question is...

Is there a weather program that i can manually input my gathered data and compare results on graphs, charts, etc?? Ive googled the hell out of it but keep coming up with programs that need a station to direct input the information straight into the computer rather than manual input.

Sorry if this issue has already been raised/answered. I had a look around here but couldn't find anything.
David

Re: Recording Weather?

Unread post by David »

What sort of data do you need to enter? Just daily figures like max/min temperature, rainfall ?
Manukau heads obs
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Recording Weather?

Unread post by Manukau heads obs »

WD does have a stationless mode where you can enter in manual data (e.g a few times a day..e,g enter in the min then the max temperature, etc), and leave it running..and it would build up the data for you (and then you can chart/compare/trend/analysis that data in WD)
just an idea,..
Brian Hamilton, weather enthusiast. My weather dataEmail: [email protected]