General March Weather

Archive of NZ Weather & Climate
Forum rules
These topics are a read-only archive and may be subject to out-of-date information.

For today's weather discussion head to: New Zealand Weather & Climate
Nev

Re: General March Weather

Unread post by Nev »

spwill wrote:...The Niwa Summary https://www.niwa.co.nz/sites/default/fi ... ch2012.pdf

No sunshine hrs for Auckland but my hunch is the Ak sunshine hrs were not far from average with the fine last week to the month.
Mangere's March sunshine total was 172 hours, or 93% of normal; similar to Oct's 94% and Nov's 95%. It was the summer months of Dec, Jan and Feb, with 63%, 77% and 85% respectively, that were most cloudy over the last six months.
RWood

Unread post by RWood »

Nev wrote:
spwill wrote:...The Niwa Summary https://www.niwa.co.nz/sites/default/fi ... ch2012.pdf

No sunshine hrs for Auckland but my hunch is the Ak sunshine hrs were not far from average with the fine last week to the month.
Mangere's March sunshine total was 172 hours, or 93% of normal; similar to Oct's 94% and Nov's 95%. It was the summer months of Dec, Jan and Feb, with 63%, 77% and 85% respectively, that were most cloudy over the last six months.
Update to end of March must have been too late to get in the report, re Mangere readings.

237 hrs at Tekapo, 226 at Cromwell. I'm hoping NIWA's outlook doesn't imply a further continuation of the cloudy months for some of us - enough records have been broken already.
spwill

Unread post by spwill »

Thanks for the sunshine hrs.
You pay for a sunnier pattern now with colder nights, Cromwell with a mean min temperature of 5.8C for March, Balclutha 5.2C.