NZ's Best And Worst Climates

Archive of NZ Weather & Climate
Forum rules
These topics are a read-only archive and may be subject to out-of-date information.

For today's weather discussion head to: New Zealand Weather & Climate
Rich
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

NZ's Best And Worst Climates

Unread post by Rich »

Deleted
Last edited by Rich on Tue 03/07/2012 22:08, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Re: NZ's Best And Worst Climates

Unread post by Michael »

Best in n.z Napier but of late its had lots of southerly events compared to the 80s especially,may be Blenheim be good too.
TonyT

Unread post by TonyT »

Oh puh-lease. How childish do we want to get?
RWood

Unread post by RWood »

The ultimate in puerile subjectivity. Forums like city-data.com have this sort of nonsense all the time, but some of the posters can't get enough of it.
Rich

Unread post by Rich »

TonyT wrote:Oh puh-lease. How childish do we want to get?
Childish? Well, I do prefer to be seen as more adolescent-like actually...all the pretense of adulthood but lacking a certain stability.

I was really just aiming for mildly provocative in an attempt to promote discussion and dilute the otherwise "heavy" atmosphere here.

Seems like this is not the place for striking discordant notes though :smile:
Rich

Unread post by Rich »

RWood wrote:The ultimate in puerile subjectivity. Forums like city-data.com have this sort of nonsense all the time, but some of the posters can't get enough of it.
Yes for better or worse city-data does have a somewhat more vigorous or rather should I say frivolous!? discussion than here although I'm only a very occasional reader over there.

What's wrong with an individuals subjective analysis? listening to how different individuals experience a certain climate and then contrasting and comparing it with the actual statistical data is fascinating and has validity.
RWood

Unread post by RWood »

Rich wrote:
RWood wrote:The ultimate in puerile subjectivity. Forums like city-data.com have this sort of nonsense all the time, but some of the posters can't get enough of it.
Yes for better or worse city-data does have a somewhat more vigorous or rather should I say frivolous!? discussion than here although I'm only a very occasional reader over there.

What's wrong with an individuals subjective analysis? listening to how different individuals experience a certain climate and then contrasting and comparing it with the actual statistical data is fascinating and has validity.
The latitude it gives the perennial whiners and trolls over there answers your question immediately. Some of them are also quite willing to post blatantly nonsensical "stats" to try and further their points. That forum would be far better if 75% of its content didn't exist - along with a dozen or so posters.
Rich

Unread post by Rich »

The latitude it gives the perennial whiners and trolls over there answers your question immediately. Some of them are also quite willing to post blatantly nonsensical "stats" to try and further their points. That forum would be far better if 75% of its content didn't exist - along with a dozen or so posters.

Ok, fair enough.
On further reflection, I'll admit it was probably an error of judgement on my behalf to create this "style" thread so my apologies
I know quite a few threads over there quickly disintegrate into downright histrionics.
It wasn't my intention to replicate that type of thing on here.