General June Weather

Archive of NZ Weather & Climate
Forum rules
These topics are a read-only archive and may be subject to out-of-date information.

For today's weather discussion head to: New Zealand Weather & Climate
NZstorm

Re: General June Weather

Unread post by NZstorm »

I tend to agree regarding the error Nev.

The atmosphere was unstable all day on the 9th but a waterspout generating a 120km/h gust at that time of day would have been seen and reported.
RWood

Unread post by RWood »

The June stats report is now included with the June summary - but more than half of the stations are missing! Any ideas about this "beta" version Nev? I will email NIWA tomorrow if the issue isn't fixed.
Nev

Unread post by Nev »

Yes, odd about the missing stations/data RWood. Not familiar with the "beta" version; do you have a ref?

Perhaps you could also query that 120 km/h at Mangere on the 9th at the same time. ;)

Speaking of high Akld winds, I can attest to the 108 km/h gusts recorded at Whangaparaoa on June 16. Also interesting just how quickly they abated just after 4pm that afternoon.
RWood

Unread post by RWood »

Nev wrote:Yes, odd about the missing stations/data RWood. Not familiar with the "beta" version; do you have a ref?

Perhaps you could also query that 120 km/h at Mangere on the 9th at the same time. ;)

Speaking of high Akld winds, I can attest to the 108 km/h gusts recorded at Whangaparaoa on June 16. Also interesting just how quickly they abated just after 4pm that afternoon.
Replying by PM ...