Stupid Rain

Archive of General Weather
Forum rules
These topics are a read-only archive and may be subject to out-of-date information.

For today's weather discussion head to: New Zealand Weather & Climate
Michael
Has thanked: 0

Stupid Rain

Unread post by Michael »

We having general rain all afternoon and the forecast told us isolated showers mostly in the east Perhaps isolated sun somewhere else on the planet :(
NZstorm

Unread post by NZstorm »

I was working at Coatesville just north of AK and it rained non stop all day, quite heavy during the afternoon. A big departure from the forecast "Isolated showers" by met service yesterday, and "showers easing today". Interestingly though the satellite imagery does not show the front up well. And I believe, this is the third time this week that front has crossed Auckland. 6pm and still raining.
Manukau heads obs
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Manukau heads obs »

yes, it set in here after lunch
12 mm now of steady rain
not showers as forecasted
badly underestimated by the met serive...they said a weakening front moving south,...it did not look like much on the sat pci, but its a warm front, with warm air over cold...and the warm cloud tops dont look like much on the sat pic....
but gloomy with low cloud and rain underneath it....surely the rain radar would have shown it up, and the many online weather stations around the auckland area would have quickly shown that steady rain was falling....
Brian Hamilton, weather enthusiast. My weather dataEmail: [email protected]
Manukau heads obs
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Manukau heads obs »

jeepers, the next front in the tasman has grown alot overnight, and it has a subtropical jet stream just to the NE of it too....
but the forecast is for it to roll over the top of the auckland area.....
humm, we will have it wait and see....i dont really want too much rain...
july was well below normal for rainfall, but there has not been many drying days either, so the mudiness is pretty normal depsite only 90mm or so!
Brian Hamilton, weather enthusiast. My weather dataEmail: [email protected]