Hurricane Rita

Archive of General Weather
Forum rules
These topics are a read-only archive and may be subject to out-of-date information.

For today's weather discussion head to: New Zealand Weather & Climate
NZstorm

Hurricane Rita

Unread post by NZstorm »

I notice Geoff Mackley is onto this one.

http://www.emergency.co.nz/
tich

Unread post by tich »

Seems like Rita might be heading for Texas rather than New Orleans. The US Federal Government might be more prompt and efficient in helping out with the disaster management and recovery - I wonder why? :roll:
Gary Roberts
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Gary Roberts »

tich wrote:Seems like Rita might be heading for Texas rather than New Orleans. The US Federal Government might be more prompt and efficient in helping out with the disaster management and recovery - I wonder why? :roll:
You're absolutely right. New Orleans and Louisiana in general is full of black people and other no-account Democrats, but Texas is home to the Good Ol' Boys...expect to see a major deployment of disaster relief there, not to mention more multibillion dollar "reconstruction contract" handouts to the corporations of Bush cronies.
NZ Thunderstorm Soc

Unread post by NZ Thunderstorm Soc »

Gary Roberts wrote: New Orleans and Louisiana in general is full of black people and other no-account Democrats, but Texas is home to the Good Ol' Boys...expect to see a major deployment of disaster relief there, not to mention more multibillion dollar "reconstruction contract" handouts to the corporations of Bush cronies.
NZTS
JohnGaul

Your right there Gary.
Every thing is big in Texas, so they should be OK.
Apparently inconjuction with Florida, which has the best rescue resources in the USNA, they should be God Dam OK when this little puff of wind blows over :roll: .
Storm Struck

Unread post by Storm Struck »

Shes a beast category 5 and i reackon it will stay that even wen it hits land winds 340mh/pr with 18m swells sounds a biggy could be 3rd biggest.
Cheers
JASON.
NZ Thunderstorm Soc

JohnGaul
NZTS

Looks as thought the Carribean is becoming an enhancing ground for these hurricanes to develop?

There's 3 hurricanes out in the Pacific heading torwards Hawaii

2 more typhoons in the seas off the Asian coast

When is it going to end :-({|=
C-Nimbus

Unread post by C-Nimbus »

Isnt it sadly ironic that the USofA contribute over 1/3 of the worlds greenhouse cases in our atmosphere, but only account for a fraction of the worlds population...

Therefore they contribute to global warming quite considerably.

Makes sense then that pretty much all of these severe hurricanes tend to hit the US, and with Rita, she seems to be lining up the biggest culprit of them all, good ol Texas!!

I understand that new Orleans was an absolute dissaster, but that was more to do with infrastructure (or lack of it). Notice how with Texas they have evacuated **** loads of people; and it makes me wonder that if they were coloured people what the outcome would be like.

America is a funny place :roll:
tich

Unread post by tich »

Makes sense then that pretty much all of these severe hurricanes tend to hit the US, and with Rita, she seems to be lining up the biggest culprit of them all, good ol Texas!!
I wonder where the Bush family ranch is in relation to Rita's predicted path. Could it be hit?
C-Nimbus

Unread post by C-Nimbus »

tich wrote:
I wonder where the Bush family ranch is in relation to Rita's predicted path. Could it be hit?
One can only hope! But i'm sure the yanks will make sure the little man is ok

Apparently she's CAT4 now dammit....i was looking forward to some entertainment this weekend!!
NZstorm

Unread post by NZstorm »

931hpa, should be a cat 3 or 4 at landfall.

Galveston Metars
http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/current/KGLS.html
NZstorm

Unread post by NZstorm »

NZstorm

Unread post by NZstorm »

I notice on the Port Arthur obs, the report of Fog. Often see this from AWS in hurricanes?
tgsnoopy

Unread post by tgsnoopy »

NZ Thunderstorm Soc

tgsnoopy wrote:From the NZScanners group, the following links may be of interest.

JohnGaul
NZTS

Thanks Fog for those sites. Looks as tho' Rita will fizz quite quickly as now is has come ashore. Reducing to just a few violent thunderstorms with F5tornados/thunderstorms with large hailstones/thunderstorms/gust fronts/rain/showers/violent drizzle/savage mist... :roll:
Storm Struck

Unread post by Storm Struck »

Some rude Asian scientist named this Typhoon Long Wang :lol: :P look as though LongWang will grow to be category 4 by the looks of this below.
Thats a big Category 4 Wang look out girls :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
Cheers
JASON.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.