NZTS Calendar idea

Archive of General Weather
Forum rules
These topics are a read-only archive and may be subject to out-of-date information.

For today's weather discussion head to: New Zealand Weather & Climate
Thunder

NZTS Calendar idea

Unread post by Thunder »

What do ya think, this is only at the concept stage now,

Cheers
Aaron Wilkinson
Michael
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Michael »

Looks like the weather last week! :) nice picture though
Its got 2005 on it -Will it be published next year for 2005?
NZstorm

Unread post by NZstorm »

Aaron,

Great concept. But a calender would cost about $5,000 to print off them you have to sell. Its not a great business proposition.

I think the NZTS need to concentrate on building a good website. You can get just as much mileage out of a website if you promote it.

I have to do some work on my website and then keep it updated.
Thunder

Unread post by Thunder »

G'day Micheal

I put 2005 there because 2004 calendars would probably allready be selling now for none other than 2004! I figured if stuff was gathered now (photos and info etc) 2005 would be a good time to release it (well it would actually be middel to late 2004 that it would be put up for sale). As for the nice pic, thats Stevens great work!

The way I see it could be done Steven is to only print off one to three calendars which shouldn't cost much and then take them round to head offices of Whitcoulls or Books & More for e.g. to see if interest is there. And if they would be willing (they buy metservices calendar!) to buy a certain amount to distribute throughout their stores nationwide only then would I seek investment as I would then know I've got a buyer, if not well then John, you and me can have a calender each to hang on our wall! Cool eh!

And no doubt the website will look likely to happen, could be another possible place to buy calendars from? (hehe ;) )

Cheers
Aaron Wilkinson