General February Weather

Archive of NZ Weather & Climate
cbm

Re: General February Weather

Unread post by cbm »

cbm wrote:
Nev wrote:According to NIWA, this summer was Auckland and Tauranga Aero's warmest on record and Hamilton Aero's 2nd warmest; Christchurch Aero, however, was exactly normal (1981-2010 average). It was also Wellington's 3rd wettest and Christchurch's 4th wettest summer on record.

Summer 2021-22 Climate Anomaly Maps ℅ NIWA.png

https://niwa.co.nz/sites/niwa.co.nz/fil ... _Final.pdf
Also Ruakura's warmest, records since 1906!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Also the highest NZ wide temp for the whole summer was recorded only 7km from my station. Amazing that a location that gets foern winds did not top it.

cbm

Unread post by cbm »

I saw last night some footage my dad recorded during the height of the storm on the 13th. In an area not normally subject to strong winds ( mid way between Hamilton aero and Cambridge town on the flat). Crazy to see a 45 year old pin oak bending in half like a bow, but also that the sky was perfectly clear and sun shining at the time.

Last edited by cbm on Sat 05/03/2022 11:40, edited 1 time in total.
Tornado Tim

Unread post by Tornado Tim »

cbm wrote: Sat 05/03/2022 11:40 I saw last night some footage my dad recorded during the height of the storm on the 12th. In an area not normally subject to strong winds ( mid way between Hamilton aero and Cambridge town on the flat). Crazy to see a 45 year old pin oak bending in half like a bow, but also that the sky was perfectly clear and sun shining at the time.

Yea that was the clear slot in the sting jet. Up further north in Manukau Heads its was cloudy to overcast at times, apart from in the afternoon.
NZAPStrike.net - NZ Aus Pacific Strike Network
cbm

Unread post by cbm »

Tornado Tim wrote:
cbm wrote: Sat 05/03/2022 11:40 I saw last night some footage my dad recorded during the height of the storm on the 12th. In an area not normally subject to strong winds ( mid way between Hamilton aero and Cambridge town on the flat). Crazy to see a 45 year old pin oak bending in half like a bow, but also that the sky was perfectly clear and sun shining at the time.

Yea that was the clear slot in the sting jet. Up further north in Manukau Heads its was cloudy to overcast at times, apart from in the afternoon.
Oh, that was a notorious sting jet. Probably luckly then there was not more damage than there was.

jamie

Unread post by jamie »

cbm wrote:
Tornado Tim wrote: Yea that was the clear slot in the sting jet. Up further north in Manukau Heads its was cloudy to overcast at times, apart from in the afternoon.
Oh, that was a notorious sting jet. Probably luckly then there was not more damage than there was.

There were people in north Waikato without power for a week. It was pretty bad here. I recorded 119km at the house and was up around 90-100 for a long time. Hopefully FMG or the likes release a storm damage claims figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk