Low pressure system crossing North Island on Monday

Archive of General Weather
Forum rules
These topics are a read-only archive and may be subject to out-of-date information.

For today's weather discussion head to: New Zealand Weather & Climate
tgsnoopy

Unread post by tgsnoopy »

Typical, try to do outside work at the new Favona gold mine and it saturates you with a persistant shower. Get frustrated and go down the shaft running leaky feeder cables and while you are 700m underground a great thunderstorm rolls through and breifly drops marble sized hailstones.

Blast, Murphy you are a cruel SOAB :evil:

Interesting challenges of the day included the fuel gauge of the engine alternator (generator) getting blown out of the tank and petrol splashing all over the exhaust pipe. Man I shut that down fast! We were very lucky we didn't have quite a raging fire then, or worse. Lucky I saw it happen.

Oh, and after a little incident we will be getting our moneys worth from the drycleaners who clean our overalls, that mud is really really sticky after it rains ;)

One of my workmates nearly took a tumble at height (wearing a harness) after he laughed his head off at me... I was climbing over a fence (I had previously asked if it was turned on and got told no) and received quite a good jolt :(

I'm hoping for a better day tomorrow!
squid
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by squid »

was woken at 1 45 am with the sound of thunder and pouring rain between then and 7 am we had 28mm with very heavy squalls and a further 4 mm during the morning when the cbs moved on would have been good to have seen it during the day hey very good pics btw man we are having alot of squally events lately