trough 20/12/05

Archive of General Weather
Forum rules
These topics are a read-only archive and may be subject to out-of-date information.

For today's weather discussion head to: New Zealand Weather & Climate
Willoughby
Site Admin

Unread post by Willoughby »

Merry Xmas all! Sunny spells have increased so it's all good here :)
Off to Rotorua for a few days -cold and Whakatane where it's nice, sunny and warm during westerlies :D

Cheers
Dean.

Unread post by Dean. »

Merry Xmas all from a hot and steamy Cairns.

8)
ricky

Unread post by ricky »

Merry Xmas All! :)

Yep damn nice fine break here in Akl, perfect xmas day weather I reckon even with the W picking up... some pretty good lookin Cbs out there on the front too..
spwill

Unread post by spwill »

Xmas dinner in the back yard this Evening, will the rain hold off, I think it will :D

Merry Xmas to all.
Storm Struck

Unread post by Storm Struck »

Well well some brief rain anout midday just in time for when we were cooking on the BBQ but still we handled it Kiwi style with the outdoor umbrella. :lol:
25C now gusty NW winds and plenty of sunny weather to share around now hope everyone is enjoying thier xmas day I know iam full from a big lunch.
Cheers
Jason.
tich

Unread post by tich »

Merry Christmas to you all.

Brief period of light rain at Akaroa in the early afternoon, but it has since cleared, with a warmer northwesterly freshening. However I see some showers in South Canterbury on the (newly repaired) Chch radar - maybe we'll get them later.
NZ Thunderstorm Soc

Unread post by NZ Thunderstorm Soc »

Just back from a Christmas affair with the family out at TaiTapu.
Rain didn't spoil things (1.3mm here)and now it has become much warmer and sticky.
24C here now. N to Ne winds now become variable. Barometer down low too. Wonder what sort of change we'll get?

JohnGaul
NZTS
Storm Struck

Unread post by Storm Struck »

And the answer to you question John about the change is looks to be a weak convergance coming through with a bubbling cloud effect only just visable out there wont be much though still if it had been earlier there may have been a storm 8) .
Cheers
Jason.
NZ Thunderstorm Soc

Jasestrm wrote:And the answer to you question John about the change is looks to be a weak convergance coming through with a bubbling cloud effect only just visable out there wont be much though still if it had been earlier there may have been a storm 8) .
Cheers
Jason.
I would agree with you on that and also to the fact that if the ENE had sort of hung in there, things might of been different.
Anyway, happy boxing day tomorrow and don't get boxed in :roll:

JohnGaul
NZTS
Gary Roberts
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Gary Roberts »

tgsnoopy wrote:Oh well, at least you will now have a day off in leiu that you can go and complete them in :) (I don't mind being called out on public holidays)
Still at work...oh well, "Another day, another dollar", as they say. But what a lovely day it is. Fine and cool.
RWood

Unread post by RWood »

After a rather bleary Xmas day it's blue-domed heaven this morning.
Michael

Unread post by Michael »

Its the opposite here Rain is ready and of course behind that that infamous prevailing Auckland wind
RWood wrote:After a rather bleary Xmas day it's blue-domed heaven this morning.
Angel

Unread post by Angel »

Hope everyone had a nice safe xmas..
its so stinking hot and humid up here today.. lots of lovely thick black clouds coming from the west, but only a few drops of rain. I'm hoping for a thunderstorm tonight so I can set up the camera on time lapse to see what I can get.. I'm seriously considering going down to the river for a swim!

Looking out my flat window here, theres on particular cloud off to the south east with noticable rotation.. i wonder if Paihia will get a water spout this evening.. i'll get the camera and take some pics now
NZ Thunderstorm Soc

Angel wrote:Hope everyone had a nice safe xmas..
its so stinking hot and humid up here today.. lots of lovely thick black clouds coming from the west, but only a few drops of rain. I'm hoping for a thunderstorm tonight so I can set up the camera on time lapse to see what I can get.. I'm seriously considering going down to the river for a swim!

Looking out my flat window here, theres on particular cloud off to the south east with noticable rotation.. i wonder if Paihia will get a water spout this evening.. i'll get the camera and take some pics now

No chance whatsoever, there's a ridge coming yourway :(
Sorry :cry:

JohnGaul
NZTS
Angel

Unread post by Angel »

You're right.. i tell you what.. i got some photos of the sky which i'll upload tomorrow when i find the cable, but it was as black as this evening, and nothing much happened at all.. we could so do with the rain. Instead it's nice and hot and sticky and i still want to go for a swim.. if there was a breeze that would make so much of a diff.
Fujita Phil

Unread post by Fujita Phil »

Merry Xmas one and all.

Not a bad day weatherwise until a deluge of 23mm. Beautiful weather for Boxing Day, finished off with a thunderstorm... ahh \:D/
There is no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes.