Case Study: World's Summer Expanding

Discussion of weather and climate outside of NZ's waters. Australian weather, tropical cyclones and USA storm chasing feature here.
Matt Townsend
Banned
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Case Study: World's Summer Expanding

Unread post by Matt Townsend »

Hi all

I was thinking the feeling of World's summer is expanding, we had couple summer type storms days during Winter time here in Australia and it seems becoming more often. I want to know the global warming is telling the truth by existance, some people saying isn't real. Of course it real guys because you have feelings of it, heatwaves is becoming more often in India and ASIA area. In Australia, rainfalls becoming more in Eastern parts and more severe thunderstorms likely. In tropical area, monsoonal storms would be expanding and widespread during next few years til what event happening (day after tomorrow for example) because the warming of cyclones or hurricanes is worsening and becoming more freak to areas.

Any evidence on this?

Matt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael

Re: Case Study: World's Summer Expanding

Unread post by Michael »

Seems to be elsewhere but wish it would happen here :lol:
Matt Townsend wrote:Hi all

I was thinking the feeling of World's summer is expanding, we had couple summer type storms days during Winter time here in Australia..........

Any evidence on this?

Matt
Paul Mallinson
Meteorologist (Retired)

Unread post by Paul Mallinson »

Suggest you get a hold of a copy of the next report from the IPCC which comes out in Jan 2007 to help you answer these questions.

Paul
Matt Townsend
Banned

Where i get that from?

Matt
colin manson

Unread post by colin manson »

it's getting warmer but is us that done it ,or is ti part of the own cycle? :-k
squid

Unread post by squid »

:-k :-k :-k
Matt Townsend
Banned

I not sure it have sort of cycle in this kind of pattern, anything never a same in kinds of conditions!

Matt
Matt Townsend
Banned

Now, it April and it still have summer days and storms. It 30C. 25C dewpoint and 86% humidity here atm in Ballina. Thunderstorms starting to affect Northern Rivers, likely all day tomorrow with severe characteristics.

Matt
spike_01

Unread post by spike_01 »

colin manson wrote:it's getting warmer but is us that done it ,or is ti part of the own cycle? :-k
There has always been heating and cooling of the Planet for as long as it has been here...

And it will continue until we hurtle into the Sun sometime... :roll:
Matt Townsend
Banned

I had a severe storm went thru here tonight with winds up to 100km/hr and heavy rainfalls, more storms coming thru from the west but they are not severe. I call them embedded thunderstorms. I guess the falls would be up to 15mmm overnight then.

Matt
Matt Townsend
Banned

Hello people again, i had found the edivence.

I thought winter is coming on the way here but it not gonna happen. But i saying is winter is very short this year for my area, if u look on Ballina next few days forecast: http://www.weather.com.au/nsw/ballina

And i looked on the climate section of next few months temperatures and rainfalls.
Rainfalls for 3 months ahead: http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/ahead/rain.nsw.shtml

Temps for next 3 months: http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/ahead/temp.nsw.shtml

Looks interesting for my theory!

Any comments?

Matt
Gary Roberts

Unread post by Gary Roberts »

From a geological time period perspective ice and snow are unusual conditions on Earth. The planet's climate is usually semi-tropical/tropical. The ice ages are not the norm, and right now we're at the end of the last one.
janewaystv

Unread post by janewaystv »

Hear, hear.

We (Sydney) have just recorded our 12th month in a row of above average temperatures with March being the warmest on record and the hottest since 1998. Rainfall this summer has been shocking-very little rainfalls over the Sydney Basin and many clear sunny days, its very evident that the weather is changing-getting more hotter and drier.

Any theories on this???
Storm Struck

Unread post by Storm Struck »

I was thinking the other night of perhaps another possibility to this all.
On boxing day 2004 there was the earths strongest earthquake at 9.3 on te richter scale which of course created the Tsaunami.
But another thing such a big quake as this did was tilt the earth slightly there for this would shift the zones of weather comforts even if it was only shifted slightly. Also remembering that the movement of the earth core has also been shifted or disupted within its usual balance this some simular situation to the movi the core electronmanetic feilds or something.
Any comments on this? ;)
Cheers
Jason.
Canterbury, home of good rugby and severe storms
Manukau heads obs

Unread post by Manukau heads obs »

that shows ice ages last a bit longer than interglacial periods

re the boxing day earthquake, they were talking about only mm in the shift of the earths orbit/axis etc
doing a google search, i se one article sites volcanic dust as important for ice ages...the more volcanic acivity, the faster the ice age develops
(remember the early 90's and how cold it was after mt pinotubo erupted in the phillipines?
Brian Hamilton, weather enthusiast. My weather dataEmail: [email protected]
Matt Townsend
Banned

The "Bermunda Triangle" seems affecting the earth's weather patterns, because it included electromagnetic. That causes lightning and thunder, i knew that theory worsening the hurricanes and tornadoes in USA cause it nearer the triangle. any comments?

Matt
jrj

Unread post by jrj »

When I was young, they blamed the worsening weather on "The Bomb". When my Dad was young, they blamed the worsening weather on the new-fangled "Wireless".
Keep smiling :roll:
Gary Roberts

Matt Townsend wrote:The "Bermunda Triangle" seems affecting the earth's weather patterns, because it included electromagnetic. That causes lightning and thunder, i knew that theory worsening the hurricanes and tornadoes in USA cause it nearer the triangle. any comments?

Matt
You're a funny guy! :D
Matt Townsend
Banned

LOL funny but serious, i know it true that triangle, i not playing any games though.

Matt
Flutterbye

Unread post by Flutterbye »

Is the weather getting more extreme? I don't really know but maybe the extreme weather events that happen around the world are just getting reported more than they used be. :?
Gary Roberts

Flutterbye wrote:Is the weather getting more extreme? I don't really know but maybe the extreme weather events that happen around the world are just getting reported more than they used be. :?
Hard to say without more accurate records, or in fact any records from most of the planet's past. A few ice cores don't really cut it as viable proof of anything except that we have drills! :D ;)
Michael

Unread post by Michael »

Its people getting more extreme.....they expect more coverage.....they build houses in places where theres slips,rivers etc and technology brings it to them
Flutterbye wrote:Is the weather getting more extreme? I don't really know but maybe the extreme weather events that happen around the world are just getting reported more than they used be. :?
Flutterbye

Unread post by Flutterbye »

Gary Roberts wrote:
Hard to say without more accurate records, or in fact any records from most of the planet's past. A few ice cores don't really cut it as viable proof of anything except that we have drills! :D ;)
Like the humour this time of the evening. ;)