Strangest Weather happening right now!!!

Discussion of weather and climate outside of NZ's waters. Australian weather, tropical cyclones and USA storm chasing feature here.
Matt Townsend
Banned
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Strangest Weather happening right now!!!

Unread post by Matt Townsend »

Hi all

I found the evidence, it weird and it very unpredictable. The forecast saying sunny:
Monday
Fine, mostly sunny. Mild day. Light to moderate northeast to southeast winds.

Tuesday
Fine, mostly sunny. Mild to warm day. Light winds in the morning with a moderate afternoon northeasterly seabreeze.

Wednesday
Fine. Warm day. Light to moderate northwest to northeast winds.

Thursday
Isolated showers. Mild to warm. Northwest winds.

Well, i do not believe it because it weird now, there was some thundery showers here yesterday arvo with mostly sunny forecasts, if u don't believe me, i will show u all the photos tomorrow. I had 2.5mm with 0mm forecast models and forecasting too.

Now it doing a same, mostly sunny forecast and it not even sunny out here at all lol. Its' 65% cloud cover with rain free bases cloud, look like to fall this arvo. The temps are increasing to 25C atm. Humidity increasing to 60%, dewpoints around 18C, winds turning to ENE from SE'ly. heat index is increasing like summer ! :shock:

Tell me what happening now? It weird!

Matt
Michael

Unread post by Michael »

youre lucky :P
Matt Townsend
Banned

And now it still weird to here, heavy rain and storms coming with the trough from the west as it headed to broken hill already, it should expected to hit NE nsw area tomorrow arvo. Still mostly sunny forecasts all this week~ :o I had few drizzle patches today with summer type RFB clouds, it a bit clear here atm but showers developing from my east atm but the radar isn't picking up at all! :x

I need help with this?

Matt
NZ Thunderstorm Soc

Unread post by NZ Thunderstorm Soc »

Weather is strange no matter where you are, and depending on what is strange away from norn.
We are having a warm bout here this week in a tradtionally "winter usually sets in after Easter".
It's to do with the way that weather patterns are moving across from west to east over us.

JohnGaul
NZTS
Matt Townsend
Banned

It doing it again!!! There is no forecasting for storms here tomorrow and thursday at all but this info from weatherzone storms convection:

On Wednesday, a trough in WA will head east and bring storm potential to northwestern SA. A jetstream over the region increases the possiblity for damaging wind gusts from storms. A trough in the east will become near-stationary and cause a few storms in northeastern NSW and southern QLD. Strong upper-atmosphere winds may help storms producing strong winds at the surface. Hail becomes more likely than on Tuesday due to an increasingly dry upper-atmosphere. Storms will continue across the tropical north in a broad area of low pressure. An increased chance on Cape York due to a nearby Cyclone Monica.

Our forecast saying sunny again! :evil:

Matt
Matt Townsend
Banned

Here the reports of weekend weird weather: http://www.freewebs.com/mattweather/rai ... hapril.htm

Hope u believe it?

Matt