I'm Back

Archive of General Weather
Forum rules
These topics are a read-only archive and may be subject to out-of-date information.

For today's weather discussion head to: New Zealand Weather & Climate
NZ Thunderstorm Soc

I'm Back

Unread post by NZ Thunderstorm Soc »

I'm back after a great Chrismas/ New Year break up Wellington way and was rewarded with a small but sharp thunderstorm in Upper Hutt between 6:30am and 7am on Sunday morning (28th) in unstable NW conditions for the area. There was other thunder activity reported in the region earlier in the morning/night. Very heavy rain fell with the storm, 23mm between 7am and 8am that morning, something that we are very unused to here in Christchurch/Canterbury so far this summer.
Still very dry here and warm as reported by other postings on this forum.
For the records, I recorded only a trace for December which is the driest month I have ever recorded. Bob Crowder down the road recorded trace as well (29th)

JohnGaul
NZTS
NZ Thunderstorm Soc

Re: I'm Back

Unread post by NZ Thunderstorm Soc »

[quote="NZ Thunderstorm Soc"]
For the records, I recorded only a trace for December which is the driest month I have ever recorded. Bob Crowder down the road recorded trace as well (29th)quote]

Sorry, I would like amend the December rainfall total to 1.5mm as I forgot to record the 1.5mm that fell early on the morning of the 23rd just before I left for Wellington.
This still makes December the driest month I have recorded at this site.

JohnGaul
NZTS