Depression Sunday 29th July onwards

Archive of NZ Weather & Climate
Forum rules
These topics are a read-only archive and may be subject to out-of-date information.

For today's weather discussion head to: New Zealand Weather & Climate
Lawrence

Re: Depression Sunday 29th July onwards

Unread post by Lawrence »

[quote="gllitz"]

...whew!!! Great to hear from someone! :-)

I thought there wasn't anyone left posting to the forum! (or perhaps not much to say these days...... :-k :-k )

[quote]

Hi gllitz,
you can say that again I thought every one had packed it in.Any way while I'm here, I'll put the cat amoung'st the pigions and ask for anyone's prognosis for Tuesday and Wednesday,nudge nudge,wink.... wink ;) :-k
kiwisk8er

Unread post by kiwisk8er »

The weather has been so boring lately ...
Lawrence

kiwisk8er wrote:The weather has been so boring lately ...
I think next week looks exciting though.Just a bit further than 72 hours away and needed some input. :D
melja
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by melja »

Cold and wet for tuesday/wedensday i would say but no snow [-X not this winter =D> .
kiwisk8er

Unread post by kiwisk8er »

Karshvardidgâh wrote: I think next week looks exciting though.Just a bit further than 72 hours away and needed some input. :D
Yay hopefully something exciting will happen. Off work for 3 weeks after a knee operation and I'm bored already. Snow would be good. :)
gllitz
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by gllitz »

Karshvardidgâh wrote:
Hi gllitz,
you can say that again I thought every one had packed it in.Any way while I'm here, I'll put the cat amoung'st the pigions and ask for anyone's prognosis for Tuesday and Wednesday,nudge nudge,wink.... wink ;) :-k
Hey Karsh-
Nah, no snow for us...just in the hills, I reckon...you could always go for a drive! :-)

And way OT, (sorry): but I have to ask...what does your name mean? Is it Persian Farsi for something? I google Karshvar and get some mythical references and didgah is Persian for....??? Just curious, is all...

Cheers,
-G
"Saru mo ki kara ochiru"
gopolks

Unread post by gopolks »

cold and rain for tuesday and wednesday, but thats about it.
Lawrence

Hey Karsh-
Nah, no snow for us...just in the hills, I reckon...you could always go for a drive! :-)

And way OT, (sorry): but I have to ask...what does your name mean? Is it Persian Farsi for something? I google Karshvar and get some mythical references and didgah is Persian for....??? Just curious, is all...

Cheers,

Hi G,no, not at all,but you are right.
In the Avesta, reference is made to seven karshvar (Modern Persian keshvar), climes or zones, organizing the world map into a seven-storied ziggurat representing the cosmic mountain.The seven climes (klima, plural klimata, meaning "inclination", referring to the angle between the axis of the celestial sphere and the horizon) was a notion of dividing the Earth into zones in Classical Antiquity. The lists of klimata found in early geographers vary in their extension, but by convention, they numbered seven, counted from south to north. This number was taken up by Ptolemy who in his Geography divided the northern temperate zone into seven zones (klimata).

didgâh in Persian just means "point of view" which I thought I would use as we report in the forum our point of view.

Thanks for asking. :D
Gary Roberts

Unread post by Gary Roberts »

Spring is off to a wonderful start. I'm hoping it stays fine and warm until December at least. It always turns shithouse around mid-to-late December, but if we're lucky this will be a long, fine and sunny spring until then.
Storm Struck

Unread post by Storm Struck »

It was nice to see the sun yesterday and at times today 8) , give us a chance to dry up from the average deluge on Sunday night. Some parts are still innundated with water as well as tidal waterways.
Some more of that rain tomorrow night too with a low crossing to lie east of BP at 987hp on Sunday directing perhaps a stronger southerly flow, well stronger than the last few days.
I noticed some weak forms of CU inland yesterday, a reminder of summer and what perhaps is to come for the season ;) one positive angle anyway.
Cheers
Jason.
Canterbury, home of good rugby and severe storms
Lawrence

Gary Roberts wrote:Spring is off to a wonderful start. I'm hoping it stays fine and warm until December at least. It always turns shithouse around mid-to-late December, but if we're lucky this will be a long, fine and sunny spring until then.
I'm not still not convinced,there is a lot of warm moist air flowing down,with thunderstorms in the north,we have a southerly change next week and its all a bit dull in the south. 8-[ I still just think that there might be a sting in the tail for this winter before the end of the month but then again I'm just a sceptic and it would be nice to get some warm sunny or even cloudy days just so I can get back into the garden. :)