TC Ivy

Archive of General Weather
Forum rules
These topics are a read-only archive and may be subject to out-of-date information.

For today's weather discussion head to: New Zealand Weather & Climate
TonyT

Unread post by TonyT »

Manukau heads observer wrote:I like exciting wild weather
is there anything wrong with that?
(but yes its not good too when people/property are hurt/damaged)
Yup, thats the tricky bit, getting our weather fix without anyone actually getting hurt. Lucky for us most of our severe weather happens over the oceans or in very sparsely populated regions. I think perhaps there is a fine line between being enthusiastic about the power and beauty of wild weather which occcurs, and actually willing it to occur nearby (not that I am suggesting you did, but I make the point anyway, in case anyone from the media or elsewhere reads this and thinks we believe otherwise).
Manukau heads observer wrote:but, also TC's can do unpredictable things, especialy as they become extra tropical, so i think it was prudent to watch it very closely and not sit back and expect it to do as the models say exactly
surely someone must be on my side with that?
Agreed. And if you want to be really picky, it did run just a little further north and east than the models predicted, but not so far that the actual weather outcome was an awful lot different.