Bye bye Brendan

Archive of NZ Weather & Climate
Forum rules
These topics are a read-only archive and may be subject to out-of-date information.

For today's weather discussion head to: New Zealand Weather & Climate
NZ Thunderstorm Soc

Re: Bye bye Brendan

Unread post by NZ Thunderstorm Soc »

Nice one Andrew :D

JohnGaul
NZTS
JohnGaul
NZThS
C-Nimbus
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by C-Nimbus »

NZ Thunderstorm Soc wrote:We could start up a petition on this forum to have him back, maybe one or 2 of us could stage a hunger strike?? ;)

JohnGaul
NZTS

:lol: :lol: :lol: classic!....i'll fetch the barley sugars :mrgreen:

I reckon the fogster should look at appyling.....? he's a keen young fella who knows what he's on about. :-k

I also reckon (to make things more interesting for punters) that they should introduce a 'weather fact' portion of the report where they tell all us thick types little facts at meteorology. Like what does that cloud mean, and where does that frost come from (my suggestions are stupid I know but hey) and then maybe more people would be interested in what happens in the sky......which could potentially take some pressure of the metservice too as people would understand where they are coming from.

:?:
gllitz

Unread post by gllitz »

C-Nimbus wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: classic!....i'll fetch the barley sugars :mrgreen:

I reckon the fogster should look at appyling.....? he's a keen young fella who knows what he's on about. :-k

I also reckon (to make things more interesting for punters) that they should introduce a 'weather fact' portion of the report where they tell all us thick types little facts at meteorology. Like what does that cloud mean, and where does that frost come from (my suggestions are stupid I know but hey) and then maybe more people would be interested in what happens in the sky......which could potentially take some pressure of the metservice too as people would understand where they are coming from.

:?:
I reckon that would be a great idea! Even if it was only a 30-sec blurb about something only once a week would be great! (they could, perhaps, highlight and explain something that has happened in NZ for the past week which might need clarification...good example would have been the June 2006 snowstorm)
"Saru mo ki kara ochiru"
Andrew Massie

Unread post by Andrew Massie »

gllitz wrote:I reckon that would be a great idea! Even if it was only a 30-sec blurb about something only once a week would be great! (they could, perhaps, highlight and explain something that has happened in NZ for the past week which might need clarification...good example would have been the June 2006 snowstorm)
Yeah, well that's what Weathermad does down here on Newstalk ZB every Monday and Friday, and It's really good! =D>
He sometimes interviews celebs like TonyT and Aaron Wilkinson too! :mrgreen:
Wildland

Unread post by Wildland »

I thought Brendan grew into the role very well, and provided a nice relaxed presentation. Karen Olsen is a good presenter too, and has a good grounding from her time on Raoul.

At the time, I liked Jim Hickey's "action" presentation of the weather, but in recent times have gotten used to the less cluttered more factual presentation that is done so well by Karen and Brendan. After all, the weather provides enough entertainment without someone jumping up and down in front of the camera to distract us.

I wouldn't hold out much hope for a "weather fact" segment - that'd be 30 seconds less advertising that TVNZ could ram down our throats. It seems more likely that, with the Weather being popular, they'll can it completely and run yet another American cops and robbers show or a game show (with advertising, sponsors' messages etc.) sigh.... :roll:
Lawrence

Unread post by Lawrence »

Never mind Brendan, if I was the head of TVNZ you would have weather presenters like these two :twisted: :twisted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnOHZt87mcM
:D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFayfm1RRgI :D
dija

Unread post by dija »

Karshvardidgâh wrote:Never mind Brendan, if I was the head of TVNZ you would have weather presenters like these two :twisted: :twisted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnOHZt87mcM
:D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFayfm1RRgI :D
Haha, yip. She could check my dew point, measure my wet bulb, plot my humidity, watch my pressure rise anyday... :P
NZ Thunderstorm Soc

There was some dumb sheila on TV One weather tonight...Pathetic
:( At least she knew her stuff :)

JohnGaul
NZTS
JohnGaul
NZThS
RODALCO

Unread post by RODALCO »

I usually watch TV 3 news, because it is a lot better.

Pity weather wise, that they don't list the temperatures in Australia, Cook islands, New Caledonia, Fiji etc.

I find it great to have the wider picture, especially temperatures.
Who put the LED's on the lightning arrestor ?
David

Unread post by David »

Jim may return to present the TV1 weather but TVNZ won't confirm anything. [-(
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/sto ... d=10462538
mikestormchaser

Unread post by mikestormchaser »

Yeah so i heard Jim could well be on his way back! yussss! back again, " get the horses inside the shed theres going to be a bang of thunder tomorrow " 8) :lol:
Mike
Stormchasers.co.nz
TokWW

Unread post by TokWW »

I saw the final farewell - "Im sure we'll see you back again..." was the newsdesk comment yes and a nice touch.

He has plenty of confidence now and perhaps he has some stage roles, or other shows to branch out into? I wish him good luck!! ;)
A Father can have a hobby because he is the Transport, Referee, Manager, Committee Member Dad!!
LaCrosse WS-2308CH, Sharp VideoCam, ULD Lightning Radar
http://www.inmanavenue.com/
NZ Thunderstorm Soc

TokWW wrote:I saw the final farewell - "Im sure we'll see you back again..." was the newsdesk comment yes and a nice touch.

He has plenty of confidence now and perhaps he has some stage roles, or other shows to branch out into? I wish him good luck!! ;)
I missed the weather tonight, was he on it?

JohnGaul
NZTS
JohnGaul
NZThS
TokWW

Unread post by TokWW »

I think it was Friday night or even Saturday ... I heard so much about him leaving, then I fluked the final farewell ;) There may even be a saved file in their recall section...
A Father can have a hobby because he is the Transport, Referee, Manager, Committee Member Dad!!
LaCrosse WS-2308CH, Sharp VideoCam, ULD Lightning Radar
http://www.inmanavenue.com/
David

Unread post by David »

Yay! Finally the internet is back again after going down for at least 2hrs! (Telecom! :x :x )
NZ Thunderstorm Soc wrote:I missed the weather tonight, was he on it?
No, it was some girl filling in again.