1 News new weather

Archive of NZ Weather & Climate
Forum rules
These topics are a read-only archive and may be subject to out-of-date information.

For today's weather discussion head to: New Zealand Weather & Climate
jamie

1 News new weather

Unread post by jamie »

What does everyone think of it?

I find its alot like 3 news now and i find it horrible when they show the cities and each island.

But i did like the new sat picture =D>
mikestormchaser

Re: 1 News new weather

Unread post by mikestormchaser »

I t seemed abit harder to see yes then the usual flyby, I did also like the new sat pic and the new town centers flyby. Everything els showing the big citys forecasts was pretty much the same as the old one.
Mike
Stormchasers.co.nz
melja
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by melja »

To much cloud so you cant even see the the land, why show it like that if your not going to be able to see the city your looking at #-o
dogmelon

Unread post by dogmelon »

Change for changes sake is annoying. It was just fine how it was. Now I can't see anything with that BRIGHT white cloud burning into my tv set. Keep it simple. It is the weather after all, not a benefit for programming nerds.
RWood

Unread post by RWood »

Satellite picture is OK, everything else awful. If this is TVNZ's notion of getting "with it", it stinks. [-( Damned clouds are too bright and too dominant. I don't watch TV3 weather for that and other reasons. I hope this stupid change gets reversed!
Wildland

Unread post by Wildland »

It was a bit of a dog's breakfast with the cloud obscuring things, but even the old presentation got bogged down at times. Jim fluffing his lines didn't help – meant we had the extra distraction of him running the behind the animation for the premiere presentation.
The signs popping up region-by-region (like old-fashioned cash register flags) may give the animators a thrill but it distracts from the nice orderly fly-by that allowed viewers to anticipate what was coming next. Strikes me that they ditched a class act to dumb the graphics down to TV3 standard. Turkeys.
Michael

Unread post by Michael »

We dont need all the flybys anyway,Should show N.Z like it used to,the whole country on the screen in appropriate areas with "cloudy,rain,fair,fine whatever",Max and mins,allow the synoptic chart to be viewed longer and satellite map.
Lawrence

Unread post by Lawrence »

I agree with all the posts, I think the Weather should be much more detailed and longer, and broken up into the identifiable regions. I am sure that there is much more that they want to say but TVNZ gives them stupid time constraints. Some one should also think of having a weekly one hour weather show discussing national and local weather conditions and their effects on Farmers and industry around the regions, With interviews from the people it effects and from well known meteorologists, professors. Etc. It would also cover historical events and scientific advances in weather prediction, and how we try to work with the weather by growing drought resistant crops and wind farms, hydropower. I am available to discuss this in a paid professional capacity if T.V.N.Z wishes to contact me ;)
NZ Thunderstorm Soc

Unread post by NZ Thunderstorm Soc »

I prefer the old format.

JohnGaul
NZTS
JohnGaul
NZThS
Willoughby
Site Admin

Unread post by Willoughby »

People still rely on the tv for weather info? Internet fills that void for me..

Just saw a clip of it.. looks OK.. the lighter blue they did have was their brand image, now they've lost that. It's just human nature not to like change I guess... there was a huge uproar when the BBC switched over to Metra's service.
Michael

Unread post by Michael »

Still a void about temperatures though and what about an archive the following day of 3pm or max temps.
Foggy wrote:People still rely on the tv for weather info? Internet fills that void for me..
NZstorm

Unread post by NZstorm »

I saw this for the first time tonight. My immediate reaction is negative but I will give it a week before I slag it off. :lol:
Inny Binny
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Inny Binny »

I didn't mind it, the layout doeasn't really matter that much to be honest, but those clouds were pretty teribble really.
jrj
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jrj »

I like the big clear weather map. I'd like to see isobars superimposed on the Aussie and Islands forecasts.