Anticyclone

Archive of NZ Weather & Climate
Forum rules
These topics are a read-only archive and may be subject to out-of-date information.

For today's weather discussion head to: New Zealand Weather & Climate
Michael
Has thanked: 0

Re: Anticyclone

Unread post by Michael »

Depressions and wind flows often favour Wellington ie WSW or SW or NE too unlike Auckland it has to have an anticyclone right over the top of the country and has to be in a favourable position ie not too far north before it is settled.
Myself
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Myself »

Michael wrote:Depressions and wind flows often favour Wellington ie WSW or SW or NE too unlike Auckland it has to have an anticyclone right over the top of the country and has to be in a favourable position ie not too far north before it is settled.
Bah. You can't really complain about Auckland's weather. It is often quite unsettled, yes. But never cold at least. I am British and IME, Auckland does not have a winter. Just an extended autumn. Likewise most of New Zealand really. Just far, far too sunny and mild to be genuine winter. Another bonus is that low latitude gives days which are quite long for winter.

So, chin up old boy. You could have been stuck in London in May 2007 enduring 8C daytime highs.
jamie

Unread post by jamie »

Amazing sea fog out in the harbour at the moment. It is now moving up the Grafton gully. I've tried taking photos but it isnt showing up well. It looks spectacular.
Vertigo

Unread post by Vertigo »

thanks for the heads up, went outside and can see it moving into penrose. beautiful :)
NZ Thunderstorm Soc

Unread post by NZ Thunderstorm Soc »

It was foggy here this morning.
As this anticycone has moved off NZ and is moving away to the east over the Chatham Islands, intensifying as it does so, the past postings have no relevance to the topic so I will close this topic .

JohnGaul
NZTS
JohnGaul
NZThS