NZ Locations Weatherwise

Archive of General Weather
Forum rules
These topics are a read-only archive and may be subject to out-of-date information.

For today's weather discussion head to: New Zealand Weather & Climate
Michael
Has thanked: 0

NZ Locations Weatherwise

Unread post by Michael »

Whats the most "awful" place that you can think of weatherwise in New Zealand? (besides Waikiki HI ;) )I suppose we will get sunny or dry places from most but theres one place I reckon thats worse than Auckland's weather even and that would probably be Thames-it blows nonstop there both from the SW and E directions and rains horizontally nearly everyday-I suppose another would be west of Invercargill too.
What are some of yours?
NZ Thunderstorm Soc

Unread post by NZ Thunderstorm Soc »

I would think ChCh. We don't very many thunderstorms here and lots of boring fine days, but when we do get thunderstorms they can be beauties.

JohnGaul
NZTS
Michael
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Michael »

The ones I like is Nelson or Kawerau in a souwester,Napier or Christchurch in a NW,Wanganui in a NE, and Alexandra when its calm in summer-so theres generally somewhere in the country that gets that sort of weather providing you can afford to travel(which I cant) :(

I will guess some others place what some of the forum would like:

Northland in a NE, Milford Sound with a Northerly,SE in Christchurch Invercargill in a disturbed WSW ,New Plymouth in a westerly and Auckland in summer when theres opposing sea breezes ;)