SouthWesterlies and Rain

Archive of General Weather
Forum rules
These topics are a read-only archive and may be subject to out-of-date information.

For today's weather discussion head to: New Zealand Weather & Climate
Michael
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Michael »

Theres 6 active threads with todays date on them and I have only posted in 2 of them and theres other threads where I wouldnt write about SW Gales as its not relevant to the thread ie orcas,wx stations etc
Foggy Hamilton wrote:
But how can we when you post it in all active threads.
saaaab
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by saaaab »

Michael wrote:If you don't like the posts just fucken ignore it-simple :twisted:
micheal your such a champion! your posts are great fun to read keep it up :)

now I keep my angry posts in the Melbourne weather thread so guys don't go crook at me!
When cold fronts come you will cry; I wish there was a blocking high, cold fronts bring miserable cold and drizzle, which makes me sniffle.
Willoughby
Site Admin

Unread post by Willoughby »

Michael wrote:Theres 6 active threads with todays date on them and I have only posted in 2 of them and theres other threads where I wouldnt write about SW Gales as its not relevant to the thread ie orcas,wx stations etc
Foggy Hamilton wrote:
But how can we when you post it in all active threads.
Quote me if i'm wrong.. but where are the gales? :shock:
Michael

Unread post by Michael »

I never said gales today,I mentioned it was 8/8 and SW freshening and possible Rain :roll:

Nearly everyday (on a SW day I am talking about) the wind whistles always only from the SW unless its a humdinger NW,Disturbed westerly or an active trough with its final NE fling and these are the so called "fresh or strong" SW that does it and the trees are always in constant motion when SW
Gary Roberts

Unread post by Gary Roberts »

Michael wrote:I never said gales today,I mentioned it was 8/8 and SW freshening and possible Rain :roll:

Nearly everyday (on a SW day I am talking about) the wind whistles always only from the SW unless its a humdinger NW,Disturbed westerly or an active trough with its final NE fling and these are the so called "fresh or strong" SW that does it and the trees are always in constant motion when SW
Michael, if you want to cop less flak, either quit posting the same sorry messages or ditch the 'look at me! look at me!' sig. That's my opinion.
Manukau heads obs

Unread post by Manukau heads obs »

as long as he keeps the moans in the same thread, which people dont have to read if they dont want to, then its OK what every he posts, i think
Brian Hamilton, weather enthusiast. My weather dataEmail: [email protected]
tgsnoopy

Unread post by tgsnoopy »

Oh man I'd love to be able to moderate this forum.... I'll leave it at that ;)
Michael

Unread post by Michael »

It would be boring then :twisted:
tgsnoopy wrote:Oh man I'd love to be able to moderate this forum.... I'll leave it at that ;)
tgsnoopy

No Michael, it wouldn't be. There would be a couple of people given certain guidelines to follow and pretty much business as usual. Those people would either participate in a manner that most other members found less offensive or they would cease being able to participate. Simple really. Get the hints man, there are enough members dropping them!
Gary Roberts

tgsnoopy wrote:No Michael, it wouldn't be. There would be a couple of people given certain guidelines to follow and pretty much business as usual. Those people would either participate in a manner that most other members found less offensive or they would cease being able to participate. Simple really. Get the hint man!
Yep. I'm all for freedom of speech, but sheesh! However, disable sigs and I'll be a lot happier.
Michael

Unread post by Michael »

Just like throwing your weight around and showing whos boss Perhaps you should be moderate it like a church forum :roll:
Gary Roberts

Michael wrote:Just like throwing your weight around and showing whos boss Perhaps you should be moderate it like a church forum :roll:
Everybody is equal here Michael. Not only does that mean that others cannot tell you what to do (except maybe Steven), it also means you shouldn't expect to post your dumbass messages (complete with ridiculous clown smileys) and not have to hear what we think of it.

You can complain all you want about stuff and we can complain all we want about you.
Last edited by Gary Roberts on Thu 24/11/2005 22:48, edited 1 time in total.
tgsnoopy

Actually Michael I have been and still do moderate a number of forums going back a few years, none of my active members complain about me being heavy handed, in fact quite the contrary, I've received a number of compliments over several years. I'm amazed you have been getting away with your behaviour, it would not be tolerated on 99% of the forums I've participated in. Try listening to what people are saying and taking their thoughts into consideration. That's what a moderator will do, this site does not appear to be moderated at the moment, if it's owner chooses to moderate it in the future you may be in for a rude awakening.
Michael

Unread post by Michael »

Well as you know we have seen all arguments about this that and the other..We are allowed our point of view.If everyone in the country knew enough about the weather and this site (not just hurricane/lightning chasers) I am sure there would be more negative posts about Rain and wind and the same positive to fine weather
Gary Roberts

Michael wrote:Well as you know we have seen all arguments about this that and the other..We are allowed our point of view.If everyone in the country knew enough about the weather and this site (not just hurricane/lightning chasers) I am sure there would be more negative posts about Rain and wind and the same positive to fine weather
I've contributed to plenty of heated discussions, but Michael why do you have to keep posting the same sh*t over and over again? How many times are you going to tell us that you don't like Auckland's prevailing weather conditions before you finally understand that we don't give a rat's ass? Or are you just trolling?
tgsnoopy

Being allowed your point of view and forcefully demonstrating it with the posting techniques you employ are two different things.

Please take a look at your posts. Look at the presence of your message and then compare it to the signature... Kind of imbalanced isn't it? You don't need what 15 Emoticons of violins playing?!? The ironic thing is they seem to be a good indicator of your nature.

Then think about your description of the weather in your area and compare it to others nearby. Interesting how you seem to constantly complain about rain and gales when others living nearby aren't reporting those conditions.

Sorry, people get tired of that kind of behaviour, please consider adjusting your input to a more normal type of participation and maybe people might start valuing your input, currently people don't seem to think much of your contributions.

That's my 2c on the situation, I'm allowed to voice my opinion, I've bit my tounge for a while. Heck, previously I even defended you.

Think about things man. I'm not being attacked for what I'm saying and I think some of the others might just be backing me up. Maybe I'm on to something?
03Stormchaser

Unread post by 03Stormchaser »

tgsnoopy wrote: I'm amazed you have been getting away with your behaviour, it would not be tolerated on 99% of the forums I've participated in.
Agreed. 'Most' of Michael's post on here are worthless dribble that put a black spot on a Vgood forum.
NZ Largest Storm Chasing Facebook Pagehttp://www.facebook.com/nzstormchasers
NZ Largest Storm Chase Community https://www.facebook.com/groups/NZStormchasersGroup
NZ Stormchasers TV https://www.youtube.com/@NZStormchasers
NZstorm

Unread post by NZstorm »

I'm amazed you have been getting away with your behaviour, it would not be tolerated on 99% of the forums I've participated in.
I agree. A forum is about contributing to a topic is a positive way. Hence, as a group, we have been very tolerant of Michaels' posts.
Manukau heads obs

Unread post by Manukau heads obs »

it would be great if the moderator/owner of the forum did take a more proactive stance and cleaned this up, but he just lets it run itself more or less
(that takes time...but hey, if i was given powers of moderator, I would clean things up!)
which is just the way it is

would be great to have a forum where its people who dont complain about the weather like some here do...
(although i complain if its getting too dry and more rain is needed!)

just my inflation adjusted 2 cents
Brian Hamilton, weather enthusiast. My weather dataEmail: [email protected]
squid

Unread post by squid »

i reckon we should be alowwed a bit of a grumble if things dont go our way but then get over it and not dragg in on and on and yes we have been very gracious with our mate michael and his SW winds ;)