The genuine Biomag Woolrest

Archive of General Weather
Forum rules
These topics are a read-only archive and may be subject to out-of-date information.

For today's weather discussion head to: New Zealand Weather & Climate
Manukau heads obs
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The genuine Biomag Woolrest

Unread post by Manukau heads obs »

the wife brought me one for my birthday
i told it was a rip off!
he makes all sorts of claims
but also tells you to drink 2 litres of water daily, to detoxify
so she spent 230$ to be told that,which is good advice and will help your health anyway
i was thinking of adding iron fillings to the underlay, turning it upside down, to see if there are actualy any magnets in it

anyone of know of anyone with one?
after sleeping on 230$ you will feel better in the morning!
Brian Hamilton, weather enthusiast. My weather dataEmail: [email protected]
GraemeWi

Re: The genuine Biomag Woolrest

Unread post by GraemeWi »

Manukau heads observer wrote: but also tells you to drink 2 litres of water daily, to detoxify
Thats the key I think - most people are in a semi-dehydrated state, and becomming hydrated makes them feel good!

Cheers,

G
TonyT

Unread post by TonyT »

Perhaps your wife is hinting that she wants you to spend less time in front of the computer and more time in bed... ;)
NZstorm

Unread post by NZstorm »

I've heard those claims a number of times on the radio. All you can do is give it ago and hope you get some value from it.
NZ Thunderstorm Soc

Unread post by NZ Thunderstorm Soc »

I'm sorry, I wouldn't have a clue on what you are talking about ? :oops: :?

JohnGaul
NZTS
Michael

Unread post by Michael »

1ZB advertises it along with wet&forget and kevin giles carpets and the mad butcher all day long,theres probably no shop in the Riccarton Mall ;)
NZ Thunderstorm Soc wrote:I'm sorry, I wouldn't have a clue on what you are talking about ? :oops: :?

JohnGaul
NZTS
Manukau heads obs

Perhaps your wife is hinting that she wants you to spend less time in front of the computer and more time in bed...
that might be it, LOL :oops: :P

a nice day here in the auckland area, like an early spring day..waiuku had a light frost last night
NZ Thunderstorm Soc

Michael wrote:1ZB advertises it along with wet&forget and kevin giles carpets and the mad butcher all day long,theres probably no shop in the Riccarton Mall ;)

I don't watch ads on TV. always a quick response with the mute button when the ads come on if I'm watching something.
Had a nice pork roast the other day from the Mad Butcher. you could tell it was free range pork. the AGA cooked it perfectly. Yum-Yum :D :D

ohnGaul
NZTS
NZ Thunderstorm Soc

Manukau heads observer wrote:
a nice day here in the auckland area, like an early spring day..waiuku had a light frost last night

Same here in ChCh, Brian :)
Light ground frost but the screen temp only went down to 1c
Some daffodils protubering through and some lambs making an appearence in the paddock in Prebbleton where my wife keeps here horses.
Now all we wait for is the stormy spring weather???

JohnGaul
NZTS
GraemeWi

Unread post by GraemeWi »

Had some yellow pine tree pollen in my rain gauge the other day - I usually count that as one of my first signs of spring, next should be swelling buds on the poplars.

Ah spring!
Michael

Unread post by Michael »

I usually get just pine needles etc everywhere in a SW but none today :D
GraemeWi wrote:Had some yellow pine tree pollen in my rain gauge the other day
Manukau heads obs

check out dancing altocumulus clouds here this morning on a lovely winters morning (another light frost in the district)
http://www.weather-display.com/windy/gb ... astday.wmv
this sort of weather will bring the average temperaure way down, compared to the mild westerly/NWerly winds and showers we were getting!
august might turn out to be colder than july
C-Nimbus

Unread post by C-Nimbus »

yes it was even a tad cold this morning, almost felt frosty but not quite..

re:- the biomag thing, its quite bizarre but it certainly works for some people. cant help thinking tho that maybe the placebo effect is taking hold in some cases, but if it works then great.

Its similar to magnetic bandages if anyone has seen these. it works of the principle that at the centre of each red blood cell is the haem molecule (hence the term haemoglobin) which contains Iron (Fe 3 +). Anything with iron is magnetic ,and somehow the two work together to reduce bruising on an injury site.

I have tried the bandages and they do work!!.

Alternatively you could use natural magnetism to so the same thing.

ie live on the west coast above Mt. Taranaki where the andesites/dacites (Stratovolcano) have eroded away to form the black sands on the west coast. These sands contain and abundance of Iron, Titano-mangetite and vivianite - all are magnetic.

I have even heard that indigenous maori would go to this part of the west coast after a "inter-iwi" battle for a few days as this would speed up the healing of their wounds!!! freaky stuff.

So yeah, if you wanna sleep well at night - take sleeping pills :lol:
Gary Roberts

Re: The genuine Biomag Woolrest

Unread post by Gary Roberts »

Manukau heads observer wrote:the wife brought me one for my birthday
i told it was a rip off!
but also tells you to drink 2 litres of water daily, to detoxify
so she spent 230$ to be told that,which is good advice and will help your health anyway
i was thinking of adding iron fillings to the underlay, turning it upside down, to see if there are actualy any magnets in it

anyone of know of anyone with one?
after sleeping on 230$ you will feel better in the morning!

Definition
fleece (CHEAT)
verb [T] INFORMAL
to take someone's money dishonestly, by charging too much money or by cheating them:
That restaurant really fleeced us!

(from Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary)
tgsnoopy

Unread post by tgsnoopy »

Well, I think $230 for a woolrest is cheap, you don't want to know how much I paid for the woolrest on my king sized bed back about 1988 I think it was. But mine doesn't have any magnets in it (That I know of). It's a real mission washing that sucker, I can assure you.

I too know people who swear by their magnets, I don't think much of their claims personally, but whatever floats your boat.

My problem is the noisy teenagers living in the pole platform house next door whose floor level is above the upstairs ceiling height in our house. Man that subwoofer is loud! They need jobs, then maybe then they night go to bed at a reasonable hour. For me to get a good nights sleep, they need to go out and leave the place empty.
Gary Roberts

Unread post by Gary Roberts »

tgsnoopy wrote:Well, I think $230 for a woolrest is cheap, you don't want to know how much I paid for the woolrest on my king sized bed back about 1988 I think it was. But mine doesn't have any magnets in it (That I know of). It's a real mission washing that sucker, I can assure you.

I too know people who swear by their magnets, I don't think much of their claims personally, but whatever floats your boat.

My problem is the noisy teenagers living in the pole platform house next door whose floor level is above the upstairs ceiling height in our house. Man that subwoofer is loud! They need jobs, then maybe then they night go to bed at a reasonable hour. For me to get a good nights sleep, they need to go out and leave the place empty.
Heh...a farmer gave me three big sheepskins for fixing her computer. Even if I'd been charging her my old city corporate hourly rate it still worked out well!