Maybe we need a 'For Sale' section?

Archive of General Weather
Forum rules
These topics are a read-only archive and may be subject to out-of-date information.

For today's weather discussion head to: New Zealand Weather & Climate
Gary Roberts
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Maybe we need a 'For Sale' section?

Unread post by Gary Roberts »

That way all the blatant marketing posts could be confined there.

Just a thought. :D
Fujita Phil

Unread post by Fujita Phil »

Well I have a Triumph that I guess I should get rid of...
One left sock...
A rugby stadium....
Someone can just have this Winter if it doesn't deliver something tonight - buyers pays deliver though
There is no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes.
03Stormchaser

Unread post by 03Stormchaser »

Fujita Phil wrote:Well I have a Triumph that I guess I should get rid of...
One left sock...
A rugby stadium....
Someone can just have this Winter if it doesn't deliver something tonight - buyers pays deliver though
Got a buy now??
NZ Largest Storm Chasing Facebook Pagehttp://www.facebook.com/nzstormchasers
NZ Largest Storm Chase Community https://www.facebook.com/groups/NZStormchasersGroup
NZ Stormchasers TV https://www.youtube.com/@NZStormchasers
Fujita Phil

Unread post by Fujita Phil »

03 Stormchaser wrote:
Fujita Phil wrote:Well I have a Triumph that I guess I should get rid of...
One left sock...
A rugby stadium....
Got a buy now??
:lol: No reserve and I'll throw in that sock
There is no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes.
Michael

Unread post by Michael »

theres trademe.co.nz and ebay.com and trade and exchange to name a few and you can be outbidded as well :roll:
Gary Roberts

Hahahahahaaaaa! You guys kill me. :D :D :D :D :D
Willoughby
Site Admin

Re: Maybe we need a 'For Sale' section?

Unread post by Willoughby »

Gary Roberts wrote:That way all the blatant marketing posts could be confined there.
Like what? :-k
Gary Roberts

Foggy Hamilton wrote:
Gary Roberts wrote:That way all the blatant marketing posts could be confined there.
Like what? :-k
Most weather software have their own websites and forums. If I want to read about that software, or see links to stations running it, or links to icons advertising it, I'll go to the software's website. For instance. :)
TonyT

Unread post by TonyT »

I have for sale one thunderstorm. Brand new, unused, in perfect condition, but not in original carton. I have been storing this up my sleeve for the last six months in case it was needed, but is now surplus to requirements.

The thunderstorm comes sealed in a plastic bag. Just add water and watch it grow to 10km tall. If you want hail, keep it in the freezer until you are ready to use it. For best results, it will need to be charged up first (charger not included, but available from most hardware stores). The optional tornado unit is not included with this item (but can be purchased elsewhere). This is the ideal birthday present for any weather fan, or surprise the one you love with a romantic gift of epic proportions. Makes a great stocking filler for the kids too.

This particular storm looks much better in real life than in any photos, and comes with full sound effects. Please note, once used this thunderstorm cannot be recaptured and stored for subsequent re-use Also, you cant take it with you on an aeroplane as it triggers the security detectors.

I am open to sensible offers, and may consider a trade for a lightly used noctilucent cloud in good condition. Pick up from Blue Skies in Amberley only.
Gary Roberts

TonyT wrote:I have for sale one thunderstorm. Brand new, unused, in perfect condition, but not in original carton. I have been storing this up my sleeve for the last six months in case it was needed, but is now surplus to requirements.

The thunderstorm comes sealed in a plastic bag. Just add water and watch it grow to 10km tall. If you want hail, keep it in the freezer until you are ready to use it. For best results, it will need to be charged up first (charger not included, but available from most hardware stores). The optional tornado unit is not included with this item (but can be purchased elsewhere). This is the ideal birthday present for any weather fan, or surprise the one you love with a romantic gift of epic proportions. Makes a great stocking filler for the kids too.

This particular storm looks much better in real life than in any photos, and comes with full sound effects. Please note, once used this thunderstorm cannot be recaptured and stored for subsequent re-use Also, you cant take it with you on an aeroplane as it triggers the security detectors.

I am open to sensible offers, and may consider a trade for a lightly used noctilucent cloud in good condition. Pick up from Blue Skies in Amberley only.
I have surplus stock of lenticular cloud. Give me a call and we'll talk.
Michael

Unread post by Michael »

South Westerlies to the Lowest Bidder ...Wait theres more..Free Rain...and more 8/8...have plenty of these items.photos to come..free shipping ;)
Manukau heads obs

Unread post by Manukau heads obs »

Most weather software have their own websites and forums. If I want to read about that software, or see links to stations running it, or links to icons advertising it, I'll go to the software's website. For instance.
what is the particular problem here Gary?
can you give some examples?
Brian Hamilton, weather enthusiast. My weather dataEmail: [email protected]
GraemeWi

Unread post by GraemeWi »

Gary Roberts wrote:
Foggy Hamilton wrote: Like what? :-k
Most weather software have their own websites and forums. If I want to read about that software, or see links to stations running it, or links to icons advertising it, I'll go to the software's website. For instance. :)
Gary - so you don't like reading the newspaper or watching the tv either? .... Or surfing the web or using any google / yahoo service or product?... Or reading Wikipedia?

G
Gary Roberts

GraemeWi wrote:
Gary Roberts wrote: Most weather software have their own websites and forums. If I want to read about that software, or see links to stations running it, or links to icons advertising it, I'll go to the software's website. For instance. :)
Gary - so you don't like reading the newspaper or watching the tv either? .... Or surfing the web or using any google / yahoo service or product?... Or reading Wikipedia?

G
I don't want to get into an argument over it. I guess it just kind of rubs me the wrong way to see messages which are really just advertizng for a product which already has its own forum. Those of us already using weather software aren't likely to change to something else (if we're not already using it) because the software's author posts endless links to stations using his product, or exhorting us to post icons advertising his product on our own websites. That's all. ;)
Manukau heads obs

so its about the link i posted to the BOP weather station online?
i just thought that for people who live in the BOP, or who are interested in the weather in the BOP, would be interested in knowing that weather stations link (as there are not that many stations in the BOP online)
sometimes i have posted links to other software sourced web sites in NZ too, but there are not as many, so its a numbers game.

i can go back and delete all those posts if its really rubbing you up the wrong way that badly Gary, its no problem
i dont want to be called a spammer again....
Manukau heads obs

or exhorting us to post icons advertising his product on our own websites.
now, where did that one come from?
the posting about the shifted web site to hobbsinvile, and he wanted to know how to get the nice looking weather icon on his signature?
i answered that , by providing a link to that web site...
now, i am not the authour of that software and i dont get any money from that service, i am just a customer of that service, so, you are saying that people are not allowed to promote anything?
next time I will just use PM, and so, again, sorry that too got your goat up, etc
Gary Roberts

Manukau heads observer wrote:
or exhorting us to post icons advertising his product on our own websites.
now, where did that one come from?
the posting about the shifted web site to hobbsinvile, and he wanted to know how to get the nice looking weather icon on his signature?
now, i am not the authour of that software and i dont get any money from that service, i am just a customer of that service, so, you are saying that people are not allowed to promote anything?
next time I will just use PM, and so, again, sorry that too got your goat up, etc
So why promote it here at all? We all know about Weather-Display (how could we not... :roll: ) and doubtless some here use it to run their stations, but Weather-Display is a commercial product, with it's own website and forums. The authors of other software, including the free apps, don't promote it here, I'm happy to say. Why should you?

Anyway, free speech and all that, and post whatever you feel you must Brian, but I've said what I feel I had to say, and I won't mention it again. ;) :)
Manukau heads obs

but how am i promoting it?
i have not put any links to the web site, and i have removed all references to that in my signature, even my name i removed, to please people like you...

i will go and delete all my recent postings just to keep you happy gary
(note that freewx is free, so the author should not be worried about anything)
Manukau heads obs

done that now gary (although i could not delete the posts, so I just put the word deleted there)
would you like me to get rid of my latest weather data in my signaturre to keep you happy as well?
its no problem, just say so
Last edited by Manukau heads obs on Sat 27/08/2005 11:17, edited 1 time in total.
Willoughby
Site Admin

Unread post by Willoughby »

Gary Roberts wrote:
Manukau heads observer wrote: now, where did that one come from?
So why promote it here at all? We all know about Weather-Display (how could we not... :roll: ) and doubtless some here use it to run their stations, but Weather-Display is a commercial product, with it's own website and forums. The authors of other software, including the free apps, don't promote it here, I'm happy to say. Why should you?

Anyway, free speech and all that, and post whatever you feel you must Brian, but I've said what I feel I had to say, and I won't mention it again. ;) :)
I think it's neat Brian is promoting localised weather stations (like the BoP ones), there is nothing wrong with this Gary, at all.
Manukau heads obs

i did get the persons permission to post the link here too....
NZ Thunderstorm Soc

Unread post by NZ Thunderstorm Soc »

TonyT wrote:I have for sale one thunderstorm. Brand new, unused, in perfect condition, but not in original carton. I have been storing this up my sleeve for the last six months in case it was needed, but is now surplus to requirements.

Can I have 4 of them, to keep me going over this period of settled weather. :D
It's either that or the Gin bottle :cry:
JohnGaul
NZTS