Hi everyone Just introducing myself. Joecam

Archive of General Weather
Forum rules
These topics are a read-only archive and may be subject to out-of-date information.

For today's weather discussion head to: New Zealand Weather & Climate
Manukau heads obs
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Manukau heads obs »

alot of countries that get snow are dealing with dry snow (easier to deal with) and not wet snow,...thats one thing to take into consideration...
Brian Hamilton, weather enthusiast. My weather dataEmail: [email protected]
NZ Thunderstorm Soc

Unread post by NZ Thunderstorm Soc »

Manukau heads observer wrote:alot of countries that get snow are dealing with dry snow (easier to deal with) and not wet snow,...thats one thing to take into consideration...
Oh? :-#
JohnGaul
NZTS
Manukau heads obs

Unread post by Manukau heads obs »

and they also salt the roads (not good on cars)
The UK is one place that also finds snow difficult too handle, because its wet snow (i.e you get more of it, its heavier, etc)
the Siera Nevada in California also gets alot of wet snow (not as wet because its a bit more inland), but things their shut down over the winter anyway
I could give more examples, but somehow from your reaction , I dont think you are interested.
(alos Buffalo in the USA has disruption from wet snow that comes off the great lakes (i.e dry snow (powder), is light and you just dust it off things, and with special snow tyres its not a problem on the roads (i have seen this first hand in Hokiado (speeling), northern Japan)
Brian Hamilton, weather enthusiast. My weather dataEmail: [email protected]
Gary Roberts

Unread post by Gary Roberts »

Manukau heads observer wrote:and they also salt the roads (not good on cars)
The UK is one place that also finds snow difficult too handle, because its wet snow (i.e you get more of it, its heavier, etc)
the Siera Nevada in California also gets alot of wet snow (not as wet because its a bit more inland), but things their shut down over the winter anyway
I could give more examples, but somehow from your reaction , I dont think you are interested.
(alos Buffalo in the USA has disruption from wet snow that comes off the great lakes (i.e dry snow (powder), is light and you just dust it off things, and with special snow tyres its not a problem on the roads (i have seen this first hand in Hokiado (speeling), northern Japan)
Wet or dry, it's all a bugger to shovel by hand when there's enough of it.