GuyFawkes Weather

Archive of General Weather
Forum rules
These topics are a read-only archive and may be subject to out-of-date information.

For today's weather discussion head to: New Zealand Weather & Climate
Michael
Has thanked: 0

GuyFawkes Weather

Unread post by Michael »

Drizzel/Rain has arrived and thought I can hear thunder rolling but its only the sound of crackers :lol: :lol: :lol:
NZ Thunderstorm Soc

Unread post by NZ Thunderstorm Soc »

JohnGaul
NZTS

Yes tonight will probably be the best night for lightning activity here in ChCh this summer with all the fireworks going off, especially the flashes against the clouds. New Brighton looked good from here in Somerfield.
I think this will be the last year for fireworks to be sold to the ordinary public because of the philosophy - it takes the undue reasoning of a few people/persons to stuff it up for everyone else. :x
NZstorm

Unread post by NZstorm »

The drizzle didn't seem to bother the fireworks in Auckland last night.
I think this will be the last year for fireworks to be sold to the ordinary public because of the philosophy - it takes the undue reasoning of a few people/persons to stuff it up for everyone else
I havn't followed this story but it would be mean and miserable for anyone to consider banning public access to fireworks for November 5th.
Gary Roberts
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Gary Roberts »

NZstorm wrote:I havn't followed this story but it would be mean and miserable for anyone to consider banning public access to fireworks for November 5th.
The whole burning-Guy Fawkes-alive celebration thing has always seemed weird to me, but fireworks can be great fun. I'd say move the sales to the New Year period, but unfortunately that's near the height of summer. Maybe we need to come up with a mid-winter festival or some such thing as an excuse to play with stuff which goes woosh and boom! :D
squid

Unread post by squid »

well the drizzle did not arrive untill about 9 30 and had mostly finished by then so we got away with it was a tad brezzyut otherwise all good
Weatherlawyer

Unread post by Weatherlawyer »

Gary Roberts wrote:The whole burning-Guy Fawkes-alive celebration thing has always seemed weird to me, but fireworks can be great fun.
It makes a lot less sense considering that it is an English political affair.

He wasn't burned to death, by the way. They had him hung then pulled out his intestines and then cut him into chunks.

All good fun eh?