MetService - My Weather Plus replaces MetNet

Archive of General Weather
Forum rules
These topics are a read-only archive and may be subject to out-of-date information.

For today's weather discussion head to: New Zealand Weather & Climate
winzurf
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

MetService - My Weather Plus replaces MetNet

Unread post by winzurf »

The My Weather Plus service on the public web site http://www.metservice.com has been launched to replace the current pay-per-view MetNet website.

The current My Weather service on the public site (where you can create your own weather pages) remains free. There is a 'virual tour' available on the site to show the extra services available.

If you have a current MetNet account you can transfer any existing credits to your My Weather Plus account yourself and gain an extra bonus session to have a look around the new features at the same time.

Regards
Bruce :|
Life's a reach, and then you gybe ...
Zanman

Unread post by Zanman »

The new site contains a number of improvements, but, as far as i can see, the text based forecasts have gone, particularly the farming ones which i found to be good.

I am still awaiting a reply from MetService to a query i made to them regarding this.
If it is gone and stays that way, i'm afraid my use for their service will go from extremely important back to almost nil value ie I will keep my money in my pocket.
Willoughby
Site Admin

Unread post by Willoughby »

Zanman wrote: I am still awaiting a reply from MetService to a query i made to them regarding this.
If it is gone and stays that way, i'm afraid my use for their service will go from extremely important back to almost nil value ie I will keep my money in my pocket.
I am still awaiting replies too :roll:
Zanman

Unread post by Zanman »

Well I have had a reply :evil:

The upshot looks like having to pay for the new service, then pay again (more than twice as much again) to get the text forecasts that I want via MetFax. Not a real option here even if I wanted to spend all that extra $

Our rural twisted pair is marginal for receiving faxes on a good day.

How frustrating. :?
Zanman

Unread post by Zanman »

They have taken my comments on board and will present them when the do a review "sooner rather than later"!

Perhaps it is a good job they will only be presenting my comments and not my thoughts as well. [-X ](*,) :-w
Manukau heads obs

Unread post by Manukau heads obs »

was just looking at the new pay as you go stuff virtual tour
very nice!
i need to transfer the data from the awhitu site to this site, as I am shifting that station...
Brian Hamilton, weather enthusiast. My weather dataEmail: [email protected]