New One weather presenter!

Archive of General Weather
Forum rules
These topics are a read-only archive and may be subject to out-of-date information.

For today's weather discussion head to: New Zealand Weather & Climate
Thunder

New One weather presenter!

Unread post by Thunder »

Does a really good job, has come into the job like a pro.

Toni has some serious compitition to! \:D/ Infact I think she's beat!

Cheers
Aaron Wilkinson
Willoughby
Site Admin

Unread post by Willoughby »

flicked over to 3 news tonight, they brought up the lightning graphics! :D

I saw this new girl the other night on 1, does she have any met background? Like Kay did, Brendon doesn't?
Hard to tell
Thunder

Unread post by Thunder »

My guess is she possibly doesn't have any met background but does a good job.

I saw that lightning thing on TV3 once, didn't think it looked all that impressive unless it was different to the last time I saw it? Just looked like a whole lot of little animated lightning bolts (yellow colour) quikely flashing across the screen and it's all over in a few seconds.

Maybe it's changed?

Cheers
Aaron Wilkinson
spwill

Unread post by spwill »

saw this new girl the other night on 1, does she have any met background? Like Kay did, Brendon doesn't?
Saw her tonight, she made no particular mention of the central northIsland thunderstorms today, anyone with any weather nous would have.
She is an excellent TV presenter.
NZ Thunderstorm Soc

Unread post by NZ Thunderstorm Soc »

I saw TV One's weather tonight and I agree, she did the job quite well. Natalie is her name.
Possibly the best female weather presenter since Rose Daly :D
Very professional and looks as though she has been doing the weather for ages.
Regarding thunderstorm info, she probably works on what information is given to her.

JohnGaul
NZTS
03Stormchaser

Unread post by 03Stormchaser »

NZ Thunderstorm Soc wrote: Regarding thunderstorm info, she probably works on what information is given to her.

JohnGaul
NZTS
Well put, yes indeed she does the weather in a very professional manner. Much better than Brendon :roll:
NZ Largest Storm Chasing Facebook Pagehttp://www.facebook.com/nzstormchasers
NZ Largest Storm Chase Community https://www.facebook.com/groups/NZStormchasersGroup
NZ Stormchasers TV https://www.youtube.com/@NZStormchasers
biscuits
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by biscuits »

Anybody noiced that Karens cleaveage has become just a shade more plunging? :shock: :lol: ;) :D :twisted: Oops, sorry you were watching the map behind her weren't you?
NZ Thunderstorm Soc

Unread post by NZ Thunderstorm Soc »

biscuits wrote:Anybody noiced that Karens cleaveage has become just a shade more plunging? :shock: :lol: ;) :D :twisted: Oops, sorry you were watching the map behind her weren't you?
......ummmmmmmmmm no :shock:
I noticed the other night she had a terrible top on. I wonder if it was one of Judy Bailey's throwaways??? :-#

JohnGaul
NZTS
biscuits

Unread post by biscuits »

It was terrible, I noticed it as well.
Gary Roberts

Unread post by Gary Roberts »

And people complain that my posts are off-topic! :D :shock:
dogmelon

Unread post by dogmelon »

That lightning graphic thing that tv3 weather has is lame, it is over so fast that they might as well not even bother with it. Usually the phrase "If you blink you will miss it" or similar is just a figure of speech but if you blink you really do miss the lightning animation!
Storm Struck

Unread post by Storm Struck »

Actually its funny when you mention about the new woman because the night when I watched her she was rather fast on the weather and she spent 10 seconds on the south island cloud image before moving onto the north island.
Still not bad looking ;) 8) considering a weather reporter :lol: here's hoping my Girlfriend doesn't read this lol.
Cheers
Jason.

12 days till XMAS ohh no :P
joecam

Weather Girls and Boys on the Telly

Unread post by joecam »

I just came accross this subject and I thought I'd give you the inside info on at least the Non state broadcasters weather people.(Not TVNZ but Toni's lot)
You may already know this info.

They ad lib everything. Meaning they do not read from a script or auto cue. Thats why sometimes you may see them get lost or stall and say maybe the wrong thing.
When they point at the map behind them, they are coordinating their arms and hands on a small monitor opposite them out of shot. This also explains them "sort of" pointing in the right direction on the map. They do not have a bluescreen. Behind them is a large rear projection LCD TV that they point at. As the graphics come up they are reading them off the same monitor opposite them, also unscripted. They see the results the same time you do. (But they do know whats appearing before hand) As far as them having Met training or background in Metrology.....I'm afraid I cannot tell you (He sights his confidentiality contract and it is current!)
How do I know this...........I sometimes point the camera at them in the studio.........But only occasionally because studio is soooo Boooring!
Cheers Joecam