Snow in London

Archive of General Weather
Forum rules
These topics are a read-only archive and may be subject to out-of-date information.

For today's weather discussion head to: New Zealand Weather & Climate
protonplayer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Snow in London

Unread post by protonplayer »

Hi all. I'm a new member, originally from Henderson then Grey Lynn in Auckland and then Sydney and now London. Found an excuse for my first post. For those of you who have been to London or plan to go, you might be interested in knowing we are having some snow at the moment. Here's a pic from the first snow shower, with hopefully some more to come. I've also added a pic of the brilliant Autumn colours only 24 days earlier this month... (as London is rather cloudy, autumn colours are not that typical here).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gary Roberts

Unread post by Gary Roberts »

Hi protonplayer! Very different from our weather right now. :)
spwill

Unread post by spwill »

For those of you who have been to London or plan to go, you might be interested in knowing we are having some snow at the moment.
Cold air has moved in from the Continent but should be pushed back in a day or two with more snow no doubt.
Can remember being in London in the Eighties and having 6 weeks of wintry Easterly weather.
NZstorm

Unread post by NZstorm »

There was a story on TV1 news tonight about the snow in England.
Gary Roberts

Unread post by Gary Roberts »

NZstorm wrote:There was a story on TV1 news tonight about the snow in England.
And as always I wondered "why?"...we get more snow than that here in Otago. Why do we get ten minutes of Brit football info on the sports news? Why are important NZ or World stories often shoved into 2nd place everytime some 'royal' stubs a toe in scunthorpe or something.

Ah well...
RWood

Unread post by RWood »

Indeed - but nevertheless the rest of the Brit/European winter could be interesting. It was predicted a while back that with the state of the Arctic oscillation things could get pretty cold. (I usually tape the TV news if I want to watch any of it, so as to skip over various long tedious bits like the UK soccer - come in soccer fans!)