Scorcher possible Wednesday 11th Jan

Archive of NZ Weather & Climate
Forum rules
These topics are a read-only archive and may be subject to out-of-date information.

For today's weather discussion head to: New Zealand Weather & Climate
RWood

Unread post by RWood »

The Observatory Hill site for Sydney city readings reported 16% RH at 3pm that day. If nzmaninsydney wants to get a true experience of high temps plus significant humidity, he could try Darwin, where the number of days per year with "significant heat discomfort" is 150-200+ per year, compared with a handful for southern Aussie cities. I'm not interested in his interpretation of conditions inside pubs and the like.
nzmaninsydney
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by nzmaninsydney »

RWood wrote:The Observatory Hill site for Sydney city readings reported 16% RH at 3pm that day. If nzmaninsydney wants to get a true experience of high temps plus significant humidity, he could try Darwin, where the number of days per year with "significant heat discomfort" is 150-200+ per year, compared with a handful for southern Aussie cities. I'm not interested in his interpretation of conditions inside pubs and the like.

You werent here-I was so how would you know how it felt???

Looking up information on the website-the information isnt always correct, you had to be here to experience the awful humidity.

You cannot compare Sydney to Darwin because Darwin as we all know is tropical whereas Sydney is temperate, we do get a lot of hot days here in Sydney as well as humid days so I stand by what I said.

I suggest you again read my post properly as the conditions I described was from the morning until afternoon outside BEFORE I went to the pub to cool down at 1pm.

You are not be interested in my interpretation of the weather-thats fine-doesnt worry me, the same goes for you-i am not interested in carrying on this debate about whats right and whats not, let us type down what we see and feel about the weather, after all thats what this website is for isnt it?
Daniel Rees
nzmaninsydney

Foggy Hamilton wrote:
nzmaninsydney wrote: Were u in sydney that day?
lol, no don't worry *sigh* :roll:
A smart-arse indeed!!!

Keep your comments to yourself and let us talk about the weather, after all this is what this website is for!!!
Daniel Rees
RWood

Unread post by RWood »

As a final note about current ENSO tendencies, the 30-day SOI value has been increasing of late towards La Nina values. It remains to be seen whether a La Nina does develop in the next few months - the models generally quoted are unsure at present, as the various markers give a mixed neutral/La Nina picture at present.

I refuse to discuss humidity with nzmaninsydney any further, waste of time.
nzmaninsydney

[quote="RWood"]As a final note about current ENSO tendencies, the 30-day SOI value has been increasing of late towards La Nina values. It remains to be seen whether a La Nina does develop in the next few months - the models generally quoted are unsure at present, as the various markers give a mixed neutral/La Nina picture at present.

I refuse to discuss humidity with nzmaninsydney any further, waste of time.

Of course, of course, of course!!! Totally agree 110%!!!
Daniel Rees
NZ Thunderstorm Soc

Unread post by NZ Thunderstorm Soc »

The SOI does look more La Nina-ish especially with the oncoming lows bearing down on the north of the North Island. There should be another one next week :| ....resulting in more boring rubbish down here :(

JohnGaul
NZTS