I'm new

Discussion of weather and climate outside of NZ's waters. Australian weather, tropical cyclones and USA storm chasing feature here.
federicoI
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I'm new

Unread post by federicoI »

Hi to everybody...
I'am Federico, from italy, Genoa...
Apologize for my bad English...I'm learning.

While I lokked in internet, I saw this forum, end this is similar to forum where I writing in italy, so I have decided to enroll!!!

I like meteorology, And I'm interested to the climate of the world, as New Zeland.

I hope to be able to write the weather of my city and to describe his climate!!!

Bye bye

Fede

P.S. : Again my apologize for my bad bad english
Gary Roberts

Re: I'm new

Unread post by Gary Roberts »

federicoI wrote:Hi to everybody...
I'am Federico, from italy, Genoa...
Apologize for my bad English...I'm learning.

While I lokked in internet, I saw this forum, end this is similar to forum where I writing in italy, so I have decided to enroll!!!

I like meteorology, And I'm interested to the climate of the world, as New Zeland.

I hope to be able to write the weather of my city and to describe his climate!!!

Bye bye

Fede

P.S. : Again my apologize for my bad bad english
Hi Federico, and welcome! :D
squid

Unread post by squid »

welcome mate good to have another weather nut amoung us :D
C-Nimbus

Unread post by C-Nimbus »

welcome federico,

as i understand it NZ and italy share a similar climate in some places.

can anyone confirm this?
federicoI

thanks for welcome!!!

Yes, C nimumbus!!!

The climate is similar in same place!!!

I have read the climate of the NZ and there are same common factors!
In western New Zeland there are more rain then Italy, but in oriental are similar!

The Italian climate is separeted in 3 part:
North center and south!!!

The first is coldest, and more various, becouse there are the alps, appennino, the lowland, end the sea (where i live me)!

In Genoa there is the sea and immediatly behind there is appennino, more behind there is padania lowlend (whit milan), end after there are the alps!!!

The meddile rain Genova is 1200 mm the year, as in east NZ.The snow in my city are rare, but in "appennino ligure" are frequency!!!
My region(Liguria) is long 250-300 km but wide 30-50 km!!! The appennino è behind the sea, fot this there are a lot of differences in few km, and microclimate!!!

Middle temperature of genoa are:
Winter (month coldest): min 5 max 11
Summer (month hotest) : min 24 max 27
in autumn there are the big rain, but in the last year they are decreased!!!

10 day ago, here there it is snowed for 36 hours whit accumulation of 40 cm!!!historical for genoa!!!when i have a lot of time i put the photo!!!

I'm sorry for my english, i hope to learn better it, and I hope that you understand!!!

CIAO CIAO!!!
Flutterbye

Unread post by Flutterbye »

Welcome,

Your English is quite good. :D
federicoI

For example, to describe microclimate, now I have a T of 8.2 degrees, and the Tmin has been of 3.8 and cloudy.
In lowlend, 70 km from here, over appennino, has been -8.6!!!it is due becouse in lowlend to the stagnation of the air in the low layers.
and 20 km from here, in "appenniono ligure" the T min has been -4 degrees, to around 600 meter on the level of the sea!!!

Ciao
federicoI

Flutterbye wrote:Welcome,

Your English is quite good. :D
Thanks.

I do so much fatigue for write, and i try to learn english also for to be abble to learn the climate of the world!!!

i try read the forum, and I think it is fantastic!!!very similar to forum where i write in italy!!!
my Compliments to you!!!

Ciao
RWood

Unread post by RWood »

Hi Federico,

Thanks for your interesting notes.

I think you'll find that Genoa and many places in Italy have a much larger summer-winter difference in temperatures than in New Zealand, for example in Genoa your July would be as hot as a Sydney summer month - almost as warm as Brisbane, but in winter colder than many New Zealand towns. I had an aunt-in-law who came from Trieste - when living in New Zealand after the war she missed the big change from summer to winter...
federicoI

Yes!!!

In italy, there is a good exursion among summer and winter!!!

Trieste is a could city, because is subject the bora wind!!!
This wind, is particular strong and could!!!
my city is the mildest in North italy and conditionad by the sea!

For the change of climate, you said true!!!
For exemple, in the 80's years, there were more snowfalls, and the atlantic flow was strong, while the decade before it was warm!!!
In the 90's years there has been a block of the atlantic flow and conseguents diminuition of the precipitation!!!
In this five years, has been another change! The anticyclone of the azzorre, don’t stretch for parrallels but for meridians in Weurope, still more respect the last year,it stopping atlantic flow, and this allowing the air cold down from N Eruopa and Russian, but also warm air up from North africa, so we have period of cold, and warm period!!!In 2002 years there have been many rains, around 2200 mm, the double respect the avarege!!!The sammer has been fresch, but the after, in the 2003, there has been the summer warmest which I remember!!!after one year almost normaly but a little rain, the 2005 there has been a cold winter, where in febrary there have been 5 snowed in my city, whit one particolar strongly, the 3rd march, where falled 40 cm of snow in 6-7 Hours!!!in my place it not normaly!

This winter is cold, but with few rain!!!the only precipitation from begining year was been 26, 27 Janauyr, whit snow, and 28, 29 same mounth whit rain!!!If your pleasure, when i have a lot of time, i write a reportage for this event with a photo!

I follow the weahter of New Zeland, it’s interesting, and I plesure to exchange opinion and data with you!!!

Ciao
federicoI

you look!!!
The position of Hp!!!not normaly

and now strongly!!!so the cold air dowen, but the precipition there isn't!!If the cold air down more on the left, in france, it will be formed a low pression, in mar ligure, and it is fantastic, but until hp dont't mouve, we'll dont have rain for atlantic flow, and even lp for contrast among air clod and sea more worm!!!

Fede
federicoI

to make another example, today i have wind from South, scirocco (sirocco?? in english??), usualy it bring a temperatur with two number, (in usualy situation), but today there are 7.8 degrees!!! It's not normaly!!!In fact in 90's years, with identical situation it has brought 12 degrees in the morning, and Tmax 14 deegren without rain!this is due because this wind bring the umidity while it accroses the sea,the atmospheric it loads umidity, threefor is cloudy and there isn't thermal inversion!!!but today we have a cold sirocco...and even this is not normaly!!!

small signs of a alteration climate

I write in a day while them is night!!! :D

I m going to stadium this evening for a kick match of genoa footbal club!!!the teem soccer oldest in italy, unfotunately Genoa play in 3ed series, despite the last year has won the championschip of B, for problem judicial has been demoted!!!despite this the fans presents to the stadium are around 20000!!!

sorry for ot!!!

Good day to everybody!!!
federicoI

I add this

I have marked ligura and Genoa, e the arrows the wind!!!

please you see the clouds don't pass appennino!!!becouse it cloudiness is low, around 800 meters while appenino is more higt!!!but the umidity should make incrase the temperature!!!this is not happaning!!!I have 7.9 C now!!

When there is it, I like go in appennino ligure for observe the clouds the tall one!!!I will post a photo in the future it concern above!!!

Ooooh it's late...I'm going to the stadium!!!

Ciao ciao!!!
spike_01

Unread post by spike_01 »

Hi ya federicoI... Perhaps you can update us on the Weather at Torino for the games... 8)
federicoI

spike_01 wrote:Hi ya federicoI... Perhaps you can update us on the Weather at Torino for the games... 8)
hi spike!!!
Of course!!!!

Today I see the webcam and i tell you the winter alps that has been bad!!!
federicoI

spike_01 wrote:Hi ya federicoI... Perhaps you can update us on the Weather at Torino for the games... 8)
Here!!!

I have looked around!!!

So, one month ago, there was a worry for this game!!!becouse didn't snow!!! there was little snow in the footstep...bat there has been a good snowed to end Jenuary, so, now he is able ski, otherwise it would be skied on the stone!!! :D

tomorrow ther is the presentation of game, and the weather would be good!!!

Bye bye

Fede!!!