Hi from italy

Discussion of weather and climate outside of NZ's waters. Australian weather, tropical cyclones and USA storm chasing feature here.
filecchio
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Hi from italy

Unread post by filecchio »

Hi,

i'm David i've 25 years and i live in Florence. I'm a Federico1's friend.

I love the weather, rain, snow and wind! My english in not very well, i'm sorry.

Now in Florence there is a little fog but in the afternoon it will be sunny!

What about snow in New Zealand?

Bye bye
federicoI

Unread post by federicoI »

hi Davide!!!

Welcome!!!

let's know already each other us too! common passion!!!

Ciao!!!
Michael

Unread post by Michael »

We get plenty of Wind in N.Z a SW mostly.It is cold and wet and cloudy and blows 2/3rd of the year in Auckland.As for Rain it mostly Rains in Winter and Spring (convective/frontal) but again it can be any time esp Summer will be convergence/tropical low pressure due to opposing sea breezes.
As for snow the South Is gets it mostly in disturbed S or SE flows in winter and warm fronts can bring snow to the east in winter.The North Island gets its snow mostly on the hig country ;)
federicoI

Michael wrote:We get plenty of Wind in N.Z a SW mostly.It is cold and wet and cloudy and blows 2/3rd of the year in Auckland.As for Rain it mostly Rains in Winter and Spring (convective/frontal) but again it can be any time esp Summer will be convergence/tropical low pressure due to opposing sea breezes.
As for snow the South Is gets it mostly in disturbed S or SE flows in winter and warm fronts can bring snow to the east in winter.The North Island gets its snow mostly on the hig country ;)
Really interesting to know this climate!!!
Michael

Unread post by Michael »

Whats your weather do? Would you get fohn winds from the Adriatic and across Italy?Guess its also hot from the west too due to the continent as well.Winter would be dry?
filecchio

Unread post by filecchio »

Hi,

i've not fohn, because in Italy fohn is form nord to sud. Appennino is not too tall. In florence i've a cold and dry wind from Appennino it's name is Tramontana.

Italy have foen from Alpi when wind came from nord. Alpi are very tall and Nord ovest Italy have sunny sky.

Where do you live exactly?
NZ Thunderstorm Soc

Unread post by NZ Thunderstorm Soc »

filecchio wrote:

In a city totally ruined by it's SW gales ;)
...sorry Michael, I had to say that :oops:

JohnGaul
NZTS
federicoI

filecchio wrote:Hi,

i've not fohn, because in Italy fohn is form nord to sud. Appennino is not too tall. In florence i've a cold and dry wind from Appennino it's name is Tramontana.

Italy have foen from Alpi when wind came from nord. Alpi are very tall and Nord ovest Italy have sunny sky.

exactly!!!! I live in Nord west!!!for tomorrow is in forecast fhoen!!!
The current from North europe, there could be this wind.
Look:

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn301.html

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/topkarten/fsavneur.html

if you note the isobare intersect the border, whre are the alps!!!
This is a fhoen for NW, but no for rest of italy!!!

when the cold air enter form E it passes from trieste, when cold air enter from W it passes from rodano valley...this way the air can expendin the low layer to the NW!!!
but depends also the thickness of the air and from it origin!!!
Michael

Unread post by Michael »

Yes I am from Auckland yes we get a lot of SW Gales but as you like Wet and windy weather the positives for you are beside the SW.Our typical weather can go from a couple of days of S or SE winds with fine weather,cold and clear in winter ranges 5-15c then usually cloud thickens with no wind then it goes NE usually on a departing High and freshens bringing in mid then low cloud with higher humidity and closer durnial range of temp to dew points,frontal rain follows with NE in wintercan get gusty as front passes,then wind often drops,can then go still or WNW with thundery showers and still humid for time of the year and can get secondary fronts imbedded in the westerly flow which is on shore.then after that its the boring SW and 8/8 often Gale,eventually another high comes in and its repeated again...in general but we can sometimes get blocking highs and complex depressions and can make it more interesting ;)
RWood

Unread post by RWood »

federicoI wrote:
Michael wrote:We get plenty of Wind in N.Z a SW mostly.It is cold and wet and cloudy and blows 2/3rd of the year in Auckland.As for Rain it mostly Rains in Winter and Spring (convective/frontal) but again it can be any time esp Summer will be convergence/tropical low pressure due to opposing sea breezes.
Really interesting to know this climate!!!
If you would like a more formal description of NZ's climate you could try this link:

http://www.metservice.co.nz/default/ind ... ningcentre

In essence, New Zealand as a whole is warmer and sunnier than Britain, Germany or Denmark, but colder and cloudier than Italy. Its rainfall is higher than in most European countries, but there are large areas in the South Island that have annual rainfall below 800mm. Because of the lack of a Gulf Stream, besides other factors, New Zealand is colder than places in equivalent latitudes in Europe.
federicoI

wow...
thanks Michael and RWood , it is very interesting!!!

it's good to exchange weather informetions in opposite place in the world!
I unpack
:D :lol: :lol:
federicoI

federicoI wrote:
filecchio wrote:Hi,

exactly!!!! I live in Nord west!!!for tomorrow is in forecast fhoen!!!
The current from North europe, there could be this wind.
Look:

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/topkarten/fsavneur.html

if you note the isobare intersect the border, whre are the alps!!!
This is a fhoen for NW, but no for rest of italy!!!

when the cold air enter form E it passes from trieste, when cold air enter from W it passes from rodano valley...this way the air can expendin the low layer to the NW!!!
but depends also the thickness of the air and from it origin!!!
here it look better wind fhoen