First real ice on the windshield this Autumn/Winter.

Archive of NZ Weather & Climate
Forum rules
These topics are a read-only archive and may be subject to out-of-date information.

For today's weather discussion head to: New Zealand Weather & Climate
Storm Struck

Unread post by Storm Struck »

Pebble sized hail chasing storms we are lucky for te size but hail the size of grapefruit chasing that would be threatning with alot of storm chasing adrenaline ;) :D check this video out of a storm in America few days ago.
http://www.tornadovideos.net/5_may_2006.wmv
Cheers
Jason.
Canterbury, home of good rugby and severe storms
Gary Roberts
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Gary Roberts »

Jasestrm wrote:Pebble sized hail chasing storms we are lucky for te size but hail the size of grapefruit chasing that would be threatning with alot of storm chasing adrenaline ;) :D check this video out of a storm in America few days ago.
http://www.tornadovideos.net/5_may_2006.wmv
Cheers
Jason.
:!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Aren't you glad you live here!
Cameo1

Unread post by Cameo1 »

Hey yall,

Just wondering what the "User Groups" selection option at the top of the page is for. I notice "No Groups Exist" which seems a bit sad concidering the age of this forum. Can somebody please help? :?
Gary Roberts

Cameo1 wrote:Hey yall,

Just wondering what the "User Groups" selection option at the top of the page is for. I notice "No Groups Exist" which seems a bit sad concidering the age of this forum. Can somebody please help? :?
I have no idea. Generally I haven't explored the forum options much, but I'm sure Steven can answer it for you.
Andrew Massie

Unread post by Andrew Massie »

[quote="Manukau heads observer"]good tip:
having the air conditioning on (do SI cars have that?) and the heater on at the same time is the fastest way to clear the inside of the windscreen :)[/quote

Yeah, with a cold car at 3am with 2 minutes to get to Ambo station... Doesn't matter in that situation. :roll:
Andrew Massie

Gary Roberts wrote:
Andrew Massie wrote:Far out! Clearing off the mountain without your socks!!!! :D

What do you do, Gary? Do you have something to do with the Hydro Generators?
I have to make sure the JAFA's and dairy farmers get all the electricity. ;) :D
The way they whinge about transmission lines, they don't deserve power! :D
Gary Roberts

Andrew Massie wrote:The way they whinge about transmission lines, they don't deserve power! :D
Chuck a nuke plant in the Waikato and both Aucklanders and dairy farmers get the power they demand, and reduces the run loss in unsightly conductors!

Another nuke somewhere near Ashburton to feed Christchurch and the power-sucking dairy down here and we're all set. :D
Andrew Massie

Gary Roberts wrote:
Andrew Massie wrote:The way they whinge about transmission lines, they don't deserve power! :D
Chuck a nuke plant in the Waikato and both Aucklanders and dairy farmers get the power they demand, and reduces the run loss in unsightly conductors!

Another nuke somewhere near Ashburton to feed Christchurch and the power-sucking dairy down here and we're all set. :D
Sounds good to me, Gary! I think we're gonna need the water for irrigation and drinking before we need it for power soon, and BTW, you makea da power, I makea surea peoplea cana pluga inta the power! 8) :D