December Weather

Archive of NZ Weather & Climate
Forum rules
These topics are a read-only archive and may be subject to out-of-date information.

For today's weather discussion head to: New Zealand Weather & Climate
03Stormchaser

Unread post by 03Stormchaser »

melja wrote:12mm in rangiora between 6am and 8am and heavy at times.
Thats quite abit! Had a light shower go thru when I was playing tennis this morning around 10:30-11:00 in linwood.
NZ Largest Storm Chasing Facebook Pagehttp://www.facebook.com/nzstormchasers
NZ Largest Storm Chase Community https://www.facebook.com/groups/NZStormchasersGroup
NZ Stormchasers TV https://www.youtube.com/@NZStormchasers
Manukau heads obs
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Manukau heads obs »

yes, we drove through that heavy rain line at papakura on the motorway
it followed us all the way down from orewa, where the clouds looked really good, great looking bases on them, with lots of wind sheer occuring, near funnel cloud conditions at times...as the NE wind was surprisingly strong at Orewa (upper level wind was more NNW)
Brian Hamilton, weather enthusiast. My weather dataEmail: [email protected]
Storm Struck

Unread post by Storm Struck »

Only had 1.6mm here from that change interesting 12mm up the road in Rangiora great to see ya on here Melja good to have another northern cantab :) .
Certainly a typical summers day today should reach the early 20's great time to get the house lokin good for xmas.
Cheers
Jason.
Canterbury, home of good rugby and severe storms
TonyT

Unread post by TonyT »

I wonder if we are seeing a change of phase occurring about now? The anticyclone east of us seems to be blocking, the first time we have seen that for a while, and the next in-coming anticyclone looks set to intensify and block over NZ for a while. This could well mark the end of the changeable westerly pattern of the the last 3-4 months, and the beginning of the settled summer pattern.
RWood

Unread post by RWood »

I was thinking how different yesterday felt - not just because of the lack of wind - it was that "2005 feel" back after a long absence.
Storm Struck

Unread post by Storm Struck »

This is more like it summer weather here today for sure 8) got to 23.8C here with light winds and blue dome skies :D knocked the pools temp up to 29C as well :) .
Tomorrow is back to another season other than summer :( of course I wouldn't mind if there was thunderstorms ;) but not this time unfortunatly.
Should be clearing by Thursday morning though and also looking fine for xmas day and boxing day :D .
Cheers
Jason.
Canterbury, home of good rugby and severe storms