Boring Weather Ahead

Archive of General Weather
Forum rules
These topics are a read-only archive and may be subject to out-of-date information.

For today's weather discussion head to: New Zealand Weather & Climate
Fujita Phil
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Fujita Phil »

Strong winds here in Dunners too today...and cold.

I'm sure it was a Southerly at work in town, but my station says we were Northerly
There is no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes.
Thunder

Unread post by Thunder »

Cool, thanks Pete, I'm still going to keep the film on hand, it isn't going anywhere yet.

It poured here in Southshore this morning for about 5 minutes at around 7.00am, I turned the radio on as I thought I might here some static from lightning but nothing. It definatley rained hard here this morning though, it must of only scraped the coast and Banks Peninsula as Ben has said.

Cheers
Aaron Wilkinson
tich

Unread post by tich »

Fine in chch this morning - warming up quickly after a cold start (Jeff's Station - 6C min about 6AM, risen to 14C now, in only a few hours!)
NZ Thunderstorm Soc

Unread post by NZ Thunderstorm Soc »

Aaron J Wilkinson wrote:
It poured here in Southshore this morning for about 5 minutes at around 7.00am, I turned the radio on as I thought I might here some static from lightning but nothing. It definatley rained hard here this morning though, it must of only scraped the coast and Banks Peninsula as Ben has said.
No rainhere, well apart for about 3 spits on the windscreen when driving to work about 8am.
I have no recorded rain here so far this month so it's going to be a very dry December.
I never checked the radar for yesterday. I say it must of brushed your place and parts of BP before heading out to sea.

JohnGaul
NZTS