Fog in Auckland

Archive of NZ Weather & Climate
Forum rules
These topics are a read-only archive and may be subject to out-of-date information.

For today's weather discussion head to: New Zealand Weather & Climate
David

Fog in Auckland

Unread post by David »

Sorry for starting a new thread for this but for some reason I can't post attachments in the Weather Blogs forum, and didn't know where else to put it.

Beautiful morning, few clouds in the sky, 11C, scent of salt in the air, with a moderate to heavy overnight dew. Did feel fairly humid yesterday and must have been higher than normal dew points overnight with a low of 9.4C usually not having a heavy dew (except around autumn/summer) :)

Looks like some lifted fog cloud to my northwest slowly drifting along, Akl airport observation for 6am and 7am this morning is fog in the vicinity :o
Would never have known here, great visibility this morning. It appears there is fog in central Akl (Grey lynn) and on the west coast.
Oh well, that's typical around here, some parts have had fog about four times this year, here there has not been one incidence :? whereas last year we had about 5 days (roughly the same as other parts). I think that obviously some parts are more prone to fog and that's just not here. :(

Anyway here's some photos I took about 15mins ago
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by David on Mon 17/09/2007 15:55, edited 1 time in total.
spwill

Re: Fog in Auckland

Unread post by spwill »

Fog was caused by moist air under clear skies overnight, Auckland dewpoints are 13C.
Should be a warm day here.

May see some thundery weather here next week ;)
janewaystv
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by janewaystv »

Really like the second pic David :mrgreen: , got me thinking of the San Fran fog in the US but thats for another thread, another time ;) .
Manukau heads obs
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Manukau heads obs »

was very foggy here this morning
maybe the hauraki gulf has warmer water, so less fog forms?
nice day now though
managed to get some surfing in on the west coast and ended up with a pod of Hector Dolphins got in real close to me (3 metres away!) :)
Brian Hamilton, weather enthusiast. My weather dataEmail: [email protected]
David

Unread post by David »

Central Auckland in fog again this morning, and a small bank rolled across south of here a few minutes ago.