Wet and unstable, NI, Apr 13-18

Archive of NZ Weather & Climate
Forum rules
These topics are a read-only archive and may be subject to out-of-date information.

For today's weather discussion head to: New Zealand Weather & Climate
Manukau heads obs
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Wet and unstable, NI, Apr 13-18

Unread post by Manukau heads obs »

all I can say is its hard to please some people
Brian Hamilton, weather enthusiast. My weather dataEmail: [email protected]
Philip Duncan

Unread post by Philip Duncan »

Lol....i love all these replies! I know ZB has a lot of ads, but I guess they help fund a product that offers a different opinion to the govt. Our stations, like ZB, Coast, Classic Hits etc, are all family oriented and we try very hard to bring you the latest weather forecasts and opinions. Actually, during 2007, i had the chance to trial my own weather forecasts on ZB in Auckland from 7am to 7pm....was a blast and our accuracy went up. But lets not get toooooo off topic! lol. We (The Radio Network) are trying very hard to grow our weather side of things. We (me!) are hoping to launch a weather news website soon. We are also working closely with MetService to have better Thunderstorm coverage.

btw - Leighton, i believe, doesn't subscribe to the Global Warming theory. Makes for GREAT radio...i used to love listening to him and Augie chat...

Phil
Latest Weather News here: http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/anndetail.asp?annid=1264
Myself

Unread post by Myself »

I like the sound of better communication with the public. The government will hopefully look at giving Metservice whatever funding they need to cover iimprove communication. At the moment, I wonder just how far does the Ministry of Transport contract go in this respect?
RWood

Unread post by RWood »

philip duncan wrote: btw - Leighton, i believe, doesn't subscribe to the Global Warming theory. Makes for GREAT radio...i used to love listening to him and Augie chat...

Phil
Latest Weather News here: http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/anndetail.asp?annid=1264
See my PM on this subject...
Michael

Unread post by Michael »

Theyve gone more SSW today with odd drops and sun,its almost as bad as a SW (at this time of year anyway) dropping deciduous autumn leaves everywhere from not our trees making a hell of a mess. 17°
Myself

Unread post by Myself »

Michael, you don't seem so fond of last summer. I think you should investigate the UK weather of May-August 2007 to get an idea of what a bad summer is really like and put Auckland's into perspective. :)