More snow here at the high country!!

Archive of NZ Weather & Climate
Forum rules
These topics are a read-only archive and may be subject to out-of-date information.

For today's weather discussion head to: New Zealand Weather & Climate
Razor

Re: More snow here at the high country!!

Unread post by Razor »

I thought it was handled well. The comment made was slightly offensive to Gottliebs friends (of which some of us here are) and it wasn't political.

Moderators handled it well, although we do need to remember this is a forum in a democratic country and censorship is one step from, well lets not go there.
Christchurch Rocks
RWood

Unread post by RWood »

I think the entire topic should be taken out of here. A separate thread honouring Gottlieb could be opened in the Off Topic section if someone wants to do this.

It is just a repeat of the situation when a well-known forecaster died and someone provocatively tried to start an argument by citing controversial views - they got it, and the entries were later removed.
waterboy
Banned
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by waterboy »

Hi every one --- It snowed a little bit this afternoon here in Tekapo. But it is rather warm and nothing settled on the ground. It was that snow pellet sort of thing almost like hail. I have been hearing that it is snowing around Omarama and some is starting to settle. I didn't think it was cold enough for that to happen so it just goes to show.