Cool end to October

Archive of NZ Weather & Climate
Forum rules
These topics are a read-only archive and may be subject to out-of-date information.

For today's weather discussion head to: New Zealand Weather & Climate
DT-NZ
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cool end to October

Unread post by DT-NZ »

(Hukerenui Weather Report)

Kid's have got their agriculture day today... and its just a delightful, warm gorgeous day out... mind it was cold this morning with an overnight min of 3.7 C out... currently 19.9 C out - take care.
Lightning in NZ
The right terminology lends a hint as to the nature of the different forms.
A Vertigo Quote.
DT-NZ

Unread post by DT-NZ »

tgsnoopy wrote: There was snow visible on the port hill's and lots of what I consider reasonably low snow on the alps.

All going well we will head through to Greymouth via Haast Pass tomorrow. Might detour via Queenstown I feel.

Not sure what else is on the cards, but we will get the most out of the trip as is our usual technique.
Hi ya Snoopy :wave:

Lucky you to get around on a train... love them... especially the old steam engines... God they're awesome... you kinda go back in time... nostalgia... you know.

Anyway, enjoy your South Island journey and the beautiful scenery and air...... pics be g8 can you upload a few? awesome - take care.
Lightning in NZ
A Vertigo Quote.
tgsnoopy

Unread post by tgsnoopy »

DT-NZ wrote:Anyway, enjoy your South Island journey and the beautiful scenery and air...... pics be g8 can you upload a few? awesome - take care.
Yes I think can handle loading some pics, but I have something like 20 Gigs to go through, I gave the new camera quite a workout. Give me a day or two :)
tgsnoopy

Unread post by tgsnoopy »

I've roughly and quickly uploaded some pictures to facebook. Anyone interested can take a look by clicking on the link here. :)

Hopefully the "Public Link" doesn't need you to join or login or whatever (feedback on that appreciated).

As for my new Canon SX1IS it failed miserably on HD Video, it simply can't cope with much movement at all. Do not buy one if you intend to use it as a video camera. On a tripod with lightning it could be the bee's knees however, I await a suitable chance to test that out.

(Edited link after changing some settings in Facebook, fingers crossed)
Last edited by tgsnoopy on Thu 05/11/2009 07:18, edited 2 times in total.
Andrew Massie

Unread post by Andrew Massie »

Didn't work, tgsnoopy, sorry!
DT-NZ

Unread post by DT-NZ »

tgsnoopy wrote:I've roughly and quickly uploaded some pictures to facebook. aid=2019506&id=1519404541&l=4ba9fd86f3]here[/url]. :)
Hi Snoopy :wave:

Thank you, had a look at all of your fantastic photographs on FB this morning, and the landscape and scenery were just... just so breathtaking... beautiful country... thank you for sharing them with us all - awesome - take care.
Lightning in NZ
A Vertigo Quote.