Barrington Weather Christchurch

Archive of NZ Weather & Climate
Forum rules
These topics are a read-only archive and may be subject to out-of-date information.

For today's weather discussion head to: New Zealand Weather & Climate
burgla
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Barrington Weather Christchurch

Unread post by burgla »

Have been interested in the weather for years( especially as a paid Surf Lifesaver at Kariotahi) & the wife finally bought me a PWS which I have had running since March 2010.
It is a cheap Fine Offset WH1081, but it does the job. The modifications I have done include gluing shade cloth over the rain exits on the bottom of the measuring device( to stop spiders & extraneous wind getting in), staying it with 3 wires, for stability against SW & NW & mounted it longitudinally on the mounting arm instead of at 90deg. A makeshift Stevenson Screen from a piece of old subterranean drainage pipe with some extra holes drilled into it. The station is mounted on its original mounting bar, clamped to a 1.5m pipe on top of my Sky Satellite dish mount on the roof, so is about 7.5m above the ground, & roughly 1.8m above the roof. I am running the latest Build 38 of WD, & Brian has helped me set up a website( which is still very much in its infancy as I have never written any code or HTML before so am learning as I go). As time progresses the web presence will be enhanced(hopefully) at

http://www.tokaanuskihire.co.nz/barringtonweather/

Thanks ................Bob

(Any comments appreciated)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NZ Thunderstorm Soc

Re: Barrington Weather Christchurch

Unread post by NZ Thunderstorm Soc »

Looks like a good one. Have to bring on some weather to make it work?
Good to have some weather info from around that area after I left Selwyn Street in 2007
JohnGaul
NZThS
JohnGaul
NZThS