This is the worst autumn!

Archive of NZ Weather & Climate
Forum rules
These topics are a read-only archive and may be subject to out-of-date information.

For today's weather discussion head to: New Zealand Weather & Climate
Twizel Dave
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

This is the worst autumn!

Unread post by Twizel Dave »

Hello all! Normally down here we can expect a month or two of beautiful autumn weather with no wind or cloud but this year has just been awful, with cloud and pouring rain for days on end! Is it the same for other areas this year or is the Mackenzie high country alone being punished for something???
snowstormwatcher

Re: This is the worst autumn!

Unread post by snowstormwatcher »

The weather here hasnt been too bad here over the last few months. There has been quite a bit of easterly cloud but also plenty of blue dome days as well. Id say around average sunshine hours for the last 4-6 weeks. I can definitly say that the weather up in Tekapo has been significantly better than here over the last few months. There has been a number of days where here in Fairlie we have had easterly Low cloud and drizzle while Tekapo has had blue dome skies nothing Unsusal about that though.
RWood

Unread post by RWood »

Sounds like a serious lack of memory to me. Tekapo in March: 33mm rain, well below average, 232 hrs sunshine, above average. April at Tekapo had 212 hrs sun, not far off the record high. So far you've had only 5 days of May, so your autumn description sounds seriously wrong so far.

In case you quote February - a summer month - it was cloudier than usual there, but not very wet at all.
Razor

Unread post by Razor »

Glorious in Tekapo on the 4 days I have been there in the past 10----just sayin!
Christchurch Rocks
Dean.

Unread post by Dean. »

Beautiful in Tekapo camping last weekend,well above the low level cloud along the east coast and down Twizel way.
Michael

Unread post by Michael »

I would call a mix of straight easterlies then SW on and off all autumn be the worst with leaves and needles,that be the worst.
RWood

Unread post by RWood »

Michael wrote:I would call a mix of straight easterlies then SW on and off all autumn be the worst with leaves and needles,that be the worst.
What's that got to do with the Mackenzie? I'd hate to think you were just trying to spread your standard complaint where it doesn't belong. q-
Michael

Unread post by Michael »

Only you can give such remarks you must have a critch as you criticise anyone that doesnt follow your pattern of thoughts(I hardly mentioned these in my reports of late),Its called "This is the worst autumn! where in the title it says The Mckenzie?"
RWood wrote:
Michael wrote:I would call a mix of straight easterlies then SW on and off all autumn be the worst with leaves and needles,that be the worst.
What's that got to do with the Mackenzie? I'd hate to think you were just trying to spread your standard complaint where it doesn't belong. q-
melja

Unread post by melja »

Yes and he did ask what it was like in other areas too RWOOD so maybe lighten up a little aye.
NZ Thunderstorm Soc

Unread post by NZ Thunderstorm Soc »

Stop that you fellas otherwise I will delete this topic :-$ [-X

JohnGaul
NZThS
JohnGaul
NZThS