Davis Temp/Hum Sensor Faulty

Archive of NZ Weather & Climate
Forum rules
These topics are a read-only archive and may be subject to out-of-date information.

For today's weather discussion head to: New Zealand Weather & Climate
ricky

Re: Davis Temp/Hum Sensor Faulty

Unread post by ricky »

That board pictured is just the ordinary digital sensor before they revised the moisture proofing..

As far as I've seen there was not a converting board, it would not be a trivial design and probably, for Davis, cheaper to update the iss boards.. (the connector has separate pins for the digital and analogue sensors, so either can be connected).
Brian's older VP(1) ISS has the digital pins connected to the ISS micro, but it didn't work with a digital sensor connected, so at some point it looks like they changed the ISS firmware well after they'd made provision for the new sensors.
jamie

Unread post by jamie »

Yea im not all that happy with Davis right now. Ive got a new one coming today in the courier. $103 with a discount because it was only in 2010 that i had a new one put in. According to the guy i talked to, the shipment of sensors that i have, have been faulty and the humidity has failed on lots of them. Seems a rip off theat they are not replacing it for me for free when they know there has been an issue with the one i had.
jamie

Unread post by jamie »

darn, it didnt arrive today. will have to be tomorrow.
tgsnoopy

Unread post by tgsnoopy »

jamie wrote:it was only in 2010 that i had a new one put in.... the shipment of sensors that i have, have been faulty and the humidity has failed on lots of them.
Sadly they won't be in a position to offer you a free replacement if the manufacturer doesn't offer them the replacements to do so with (Doing so themselves can make them go out of business fast). Also remember that the suspect sensors are likely now all outside warranty in any case. At least they (Davis agent here in NZ) are giving you a discount, that's better than nothing, and probably the best they can do under the circumstance.

Hope it turns up ok tomorrow and it lasts years and years :)
jamie

Unread post by jamie »

back up and running! Now i have to go back and adjust the records. #-o :rolleyes: