WM-918 weather station and FreeWX

Archive of NZ Weather & Climate
Forum rules
These topics are a read-only archive and may be subject to out-of-date information.

For today's weather discussion head to: New Zealand Weather & Climate
trevormcgavin
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

WM-918 weather station and FreeWX

Unread post by trevormcgavin »

Hi,

I'm wondering if someone can help me with a problem I'm having with the FreeWX program (written by Andy Keir) which I use with my WM-918 weather station in Wainuiomata.

I recently upgraded the rain-gauge on my WM-918 to one which measures to the nearest 0.5mm (the original only measured to 1mm). This meant I had to change a setting in FreeWX's ini file so that one bucket tip would be interpreted as 0.5mm instead of 1mm, by changing "Rain=1" to "Rain=2" in the ini file.

This has worked except FreeWX keeps making 5mm glitches after every 5mm of rain recorded suggesting a bug in the program. I'm running version 2.04 of FreeWX.

Has anyone who's used FreeWX ever come across this bug? I'm aware there's at least a version 2.05 of FreeWX and was hoping this might fix the bug, however I can't find FreeWX anywhere on the internet now to download.

Perhaps someone has version 2.05 or later of FreeWX and could maybe email it to me? I think it came as a compressed zip file either as a complete installation or as an upgrade - I would probably only need the upgrade.

My email address is [email protected] (which I think would cope with large attachments better than my other email address [email protected]).

Also, my Wainuiomata weather station data can be seen here, generated by FreeWX:

http://mcgavin.no-ip.info/weather/wainui/index.html

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Trevor.