Snow Hillmorton 15 Aug 16:15

For general weather and landscape photos
jeffsweather
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Snow Hillmorton 15 Aug 16:15

Unread post by jeffsweather »

A couple of snaps looking out the front door and up the street.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wxgirl

Unread post by wxgirl »

Pudding Hill Sunday morning - foothills just up from Methven .. probably about 500m. Started snowing around 8am ... Also had NW gales and very cold rain on the Sat night, and plenty of it. The Big Air ski ramp competition in Methven was stopped just as we got in about 8pm Sat, the lighting rig twisted and collapsed and tents started to blow away ... Plenty of lightening around as well closer to the Mtns.
wxgirl

Unread post by wxgirl »

sorry ain't having no joy uploading it... it was good too!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thunder

Unread post by Thunder »

Thanks Jeff and Wxgirl.

Wxgirl, how frequent was this lightning when you were at Methven? I could see it from Chch but it didn't seem to be that frequent, not that I'm saying it wasn't frequent near you, you would've seen stuff I couldn't hence me asking. Was it mostly sheet or fork lightning?, I think me and 03Stormchaser need to go out that way next time something like this happens to get footage!!
Aaron Wilkinson
wxgirl

Unread post by wxgirl »

Ah, it seemed to quite distant even where we were ... visibility was pretty low with the amount of rain and the driving wind ... we were in the car for about 15 mins and noticed about three flashes ... sorry, i'm a fine weather weather geek ... you're thinking i should have been chasing not running to the shelter of the nearest pub aren't you? There were also a few other flashes but they were fireworks from the methven big air ..
Thunder

Unread post by Thunder »

Cheers, thanks. I like Pub's to, nice and cosy! But I'm not much of a drinker, I just don't like the taste of the stuff. Rasberry and coke for me :D

No, I didn't necessarily think you were a chaser as such, but yes, chasing is fun! Many aspects of weather appeal to different people, Micheal has taught us that :lol:
Aaron Wilkinson