Weather station + arduino question

Archive of NZ Weather & Climate
GSVNoFixedAbode

Weather station + arduino question

Unread post by GSVNoFixedAbode »

I've got a reasonably entry-level weather station ready to come out of its box (replacing a long-dead one) that does the basics, and sends the info via wireless to an LCD panel/controller. That controller has a USB-out port that will feed the data from the sensors to a PC. With no PC nearby to the LCD location (and not wanting to leave one dedicated/running 24/7) I thought the simplest solution would be to use something like an Arduino Nano or ESP8266 as a micro-website & relay of the data.

Given this is a reasonably obvious solution I'd assume it's already been done & documented ...somewhere. My google-fu hasn't been able to unearth one though - way too many Arduino-based weather stations in the results to sift through.

Does anyone have a handy link or could point me in the right direction? Many thanks. :D
Last edited by GSVNoFixedAbode on Wed 14/07/2021 14:28, edited 1 time in total.
I am Heisenborg: you will probably be assimilated.
Out the Dunedin window. And out the Arrowtown window. Arrowtown Weather Still battling for the Tunnels Trail
Awhituobs

Re: Weather station + arduino question

Unread post by Awhituobs »

why not use a rasberry pi
then more software options
e.g existing linux programs
GSVNoFixedAbode

Re: Weather station + arduino question

Unread post by GSVNoFixedAbode »

I've got an Arduino Nano (although just realised that one may not have wifi - D'oh!) as well as a couple of ESP8266 units ready to go. For a Pi I'd need to purchase one. Given the cost differential I'm aiming for the ESP. ;-)
I am Heisenborg: you will probably be assimilated.
Out the Dunedin window. And out the Arrowtown window. Arrowtown Weather Still battling for the Tunnels Trail