Weather Stations

Weather reports, prognostics, questions and discussion. Climate diagnostics, drivers, and outlooks. Weather stations and websites.
Razor

Weather Stations

Unread post by Razor »

Forum hivemind

I'm looking for a new weather station setup. Whats everyone rocking at their place? Recommendations start here (with thanks) :wave:
Christchurch Rocks
Razor

Re: Weather Stations

Unread post by Razor »

Giving this a bump... and advice gratefully received :)
Christchurch Rocks
TonyT

Unread post by TonyT »

There is always the compromise between measuring temperature at the correct height (1.5m above ground level) and wind (as high as you can get it). The all in one stations are problematic in this regard, unless you get two and have one on the roof or a pole, and one lower down over grass. My advice is you get what you pay for, and generally speaking the more expensive stations are better built and will last longer. I would suggest going with two of the Ecowitt wittboy sensors. They are not without their accuracy issues, especially for rainfall, but the absence of mechanical components is a big plus. I think they are going to release a new, higher spec, sensor soon, so it might pay to wait a few months if you did decide to go down this road.
Razor

Unread post by Razor »

Thanks Tony!
Christchurch Rocks
Lawrence

Unread post by Lawrence »

Had an Ecowitt HP 2251 Since 2021.
Best station I've ever had and added extra sensors when I could afford them.

I usually just give it a general maintenance routine every six months such as battery change and clean the tipper,and check the calibration etc,but I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one if I needed to.

Check it out on my accounts. :wave:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.