Newspaper Weather Design

Archive of General Weather
Forum rules
These topics are a read-only archive and may be subject to out-of-date information.

For today's weather discussion head to: New Zealand Weather & Climate
Compie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Newspaper Weather Design

Unread post by Compie »

Hi All.

Im in the final year of my Masters degree in Design at the university of Otago, and am looking at weather visualisation, in particular at how infodesign is used/abused. I've looked at websites, tv and newspapers and cell phones.

I've been collecting PDF's of weatherpages from around the world as well the real things (cheers to my friends on their travels).

If anybody has any of interest that I may need to include could they let me know. I know that metservice has a bit of a stranglehold in NZ, but they don't do too bad a job compared to some.

the Times of London does a great epaper version and the weatherpage (demo only) can be found at

http://e-paper.timesonline.co.uk/demo/6 ... /page.html

If anybody wants links to info and newspaper design I'd be more than happy to help.

many thanks

Paul
TonyT

Unread post by TonyT »

Hi Paul, welcome the forum. Drop me an email to [email protected] and we can discuss this further - there is one person in particular I would recommend you talk to whom I consider pre-eminent in this field in New Zealand (and internationally).
winzurf

Re: Newspaper Weather Design

Unread post by winzurf »

Hi Paul
This sounds really interesting - I'd be very keen to see the results of your work as well as get feedback on the MetService web site and the Vodafone Live (mobile) weather (if you haven't seen this I may be able to set something up).
regards
Bruce
Compie wrote:Hi All.

Im in the final year of my Masters degree in Design at the university of Otago, and am looking at weather visualisation, in particular at how infodesign is used/abused. I've looked at websites, tv and newspapers and cell phones.

If anybody has any of interest that I may need to include could they let me know. I know that metservice has a bit of a stranglehold in NZ, but they don't do too bad a job compared to some.

many thanks

Paul
Life's a reach, and then you gybe ...
Compie

Feedback

Unread post by Compie »

Hi Bruce,

drop me a line on paul.le.comte@[email protected] sometime,
i'd be more than happy to share any info I have.

Cheers

Paul