Possable Thunderstorms for Monday 29th November on Forecast

Archive of General Weather
Forum rules
These topics are a read-only archive and may be subject to out-of-date information.

For today's weather discussion head to: New Zealand Weather & Climate
tich

Unread post by tich »

There's always some mystery pr#@k who seems to take lightning photo's from Chch when there's a storm about. I said a lightning photo would appear in the press in the days to come and it has. Now I'm jealous!

Wasn't Ian Kelly again was it?
No, the photo was credited to Erica Tie and was taken from Westmoreland.
Thunder

Unread post by Thunder »

Cheers, thanks Ben.

Day's like today could produce thunderstorms, if the upper air was a little colder. We'd need some good heat plus a bit more moisture if it were to work today. Could be some instability out there?
Aaron Wilkinson
Storm Struck

Stormy period coming

Unread post by Storm Struck »

Yeah nice photo in press this morning :D although took awhile to get that in the press mind you I surpose like all of us they have to process the picture and all that which usually takes time. 8)
Looks like iam going to get a video camera today Hey Aaron did you say you were looking for a video camera as well because Powerstore have no repayments till Febuary 2006.
Yeah looking good for this wekend for storms looks like hopefully 2 days straight for storms Friday/Saturday :D although the forecast is for inland thunderstorms on Saturday there is still a chance of them spreading to the coast anywayz its still good storm chasing weather. :D
I took a few pics of some nice Mares tails this morning which I havn't quite transferred to computer yet so keep eye out.
Cheers
JASON TIPPET.
Storm Struck

Mares tails

Unread post by Storm Struck »

Enjoy this pic of mares tails I think the reason they call them mares tails is because a Mare is a male horse and its tail blows in the wind you will see what I mean when you see the photo (I think I learnt that on camp amazing when you do listen) :roll: .
Cheers
JASON TIPPET.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thunder

Unread post by Thunder »

Hi Jason. Good pic, I can still see the whispy cirrus in the skies now, plus some bubbly Cu might I add over the Port Hills.

Maybe I'll buy a copy? Of The Press that is.

Yeah, looking forward to getting a video camera at some point sooner rather than later. I'm not a fan of no payments till whatever and HP etc. I'll buy it when I've got the money, makes things easier. Sure I won't have the camera now but when I do it'll be mine and that's it! I could buy one now but looking for a Sony PDX10.
Aaron Wilkinson
Thunder

Unread post by Thunder »

I've finished the report for Monday nights thunderstorms with pics and info etc.

I've still got to finish a few of those others and correct the links but the one from Monday night was too exciting so wanted to get that one done first while the memory was fresh. :)
Aaron Wilkinson
Fujita Phil
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Fujita Phil »

These are the puppies I sent your way North on Monday...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There is no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes.