Settled Weather Late March

Archive of NZ Weather & Climate
Forum rules
These topics are a read-only archive and may be subject to out-of-date information.

For today's weather discussion head to: New Zealand Weather & Climate
Michael
Has thanked: 0

Re: Settled Weather Late March

Unread post by Michael »

Nice day here for gardening,No Force 10 Gale or UVI 14 :-)
gllitz
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by gllitz »

tornadoman18 wrote:Yes it has been very settled lately.. Should start to feel the coldness hit about mid April id say.
I wonder when we will have out first cold snap move through, Weather has been nice and particularly for where i have been working, but is a little boring :P
I'd say the first cold blast looks to be mid-late next week.... :-$ :-w
"Saru mo ki kara ochiru"
tich

Unread post by tich »

I'd say the first cold blast looks to be mid-late next week....
It was actually about 3 weeks ago.
Nev

Unread post by Nev »

On Tues Dale Small wrote:Has been sprinkling consistently since around 3pm this side of town. Some very turbulent bases about an hour ago, didnt come to much but the grizzle became heavier about that time.
Interesting. Looked like there was also some shower activity out towards Whangaparoa way yesterday evening.

Got a little 1.2 mm shower here at about 3:30am as a scattered rainband moved through from the SE last night. I see Grey Lynn also managed a mere 0.6mm, while the Coromandel got up to 6mm and, further north, Whangarei Aero recorded 6.6mm to 9am.
Dale

Unread post by Dale »

Hiya Nev!

There wasnt even enough to register in the gauge after all that, but enough between Buckland & Paerata to turn the wipers on in the vehicle.. again, sporadic drizzle, if there is such a thing ;)
Very blustery from the SSE, close to midnight the change came through, sometime during the wee hours this morning it was fair howling its tits off & hasnt really abated as such since.. struggling to get above 17º.. if we crack 20 I will be surprised.
Nev

Unread post by Nev »

Hmm... I wonder what effect the Bombays have on SE'erlys where you are Dale? Much more sheltered here but SE'ers have been whipping around the top of the Coromandel and Great Barrier at gale-force. Also, unlike the Sth, it's still overcast here but thinning and up to about 19°C now.

P.S. Guess we need an April thread now?
Dale

Unread post by Dale »

This is the first SE since moving to this place that I can remember, the gully below acts as a funnel so really anything from that direction around to the SW is akin to a wild waterslide, twisting & turning through. Easterlys are a different story again, being on the downslope side it can roar straight down & hit the big hill behind me which kind of acts as a ski jump.. quite tricky topography here 0_o but always good value.

Thinned out & clear of cloud, spoke to soon as we have nailed 20 now with abated wind.
Nev

Unread post by Nev »

Cheers Dale. Sounds a bit like Waiheke - very hard to find a flat piece on land. :smile: